Eastnor Castle Interior

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots of the opulent interior of Eastnor Castle which isn't a 'real' castle but more of a Disney-style folly to my eyes, it all looks nice though even though the aristocracy have to allow the hoi-polloi like myself to come and nose around these days!

Copied from Wikipedia:

Eastnor Castle is a 19th-century mock or revival castle, two miles from the town of Ledbury, Herefordshire, by the village of Eastnor. It was founded by John Cocks, 1st Earl Somers as his stately home and continues to be inhabited by his descendants.

Currently in residence is the family of James Hervey-Bathurst, the grandson of Arthur Somers-Cocks, 6th Baron Somers. The castle is a Grade I listed building.

1. Gothic Drawing Room 1. A most impressive room with designs by Pugin decorate the room which was modelled in the mid 19th century.

Eastnor Castle: The Gothic Drawing Room by Tim Heathfield, on Flickr

2. Gothic Drawing Room 2.

Gothic Drawing Room 1 by Tim Heathfield, on Flickr

3. Snooker Room.

Snooker Room by Tim Heathfield, on Flickr

4. Library

Library 1 by Tim Heathfield, on Flickr

5. Chapel

Chapel 1 by Tim Heathfield, on Flickr

6. Bedroom 1:

Bedroom 1 by Tim Heathfield, on Flickr

7 Bedroom 2, The 'Red' Bedroom:

Red Bedroom_ by Tim Heathfield, on Flickr

8. Parking the Bentley!

Bentley 2 by Tim Heathfield, on Flickr

Land Rover have had a long association with the castle and have a test/demonstration circuit within the Deer Park in the grounds, there were loads of the things there!

Never seen the inside even though I spent lots of time there working for Land Rover, mainly saw muddy trails, hills and trees.
Nice shots, I love the library.

What a superb set of images

Back