Edible summer

The strawberries look tasty - home grown I hope!

The glass looks a little hazy rather than crystal clear, perhaps picking up a lot of bounced light from the surface? And there's not a lot of definintion to the edges of the glass. I wonder if the background was too wide?

Nice bright and sharp image, yuimmy...........

The strawberries look tasty - home grown I hope!

The glass looks a little hazy rather than crystal clear, perhaps picking up a lot of bounced light from the surface? And there's not a lot of definintion to the edges of the glass. I wonder if the background was too wide?

Thanks. Yea, the bowl I'm not so crazy about, you're right, probably some light bouncing up from the surface. Probably shouldn't have gone for a white background. Thanks for the feedback! :)

I like the slightly hi-key look. The 'frosty' glass almost adds to this, but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

I wonder if a bit more greenery might lift the contrast a little. The strawberry on the lower right might look better with the top turned towards the camera :shrug:

I quite like the hi-key look to the shot and generally can't really fault the composition. I do however want to query the exposure of it as the strawberries on my macbook air screen have flash based highlight marks on them. This could just be my monitor, but does anyone else see the same thing (possibly slightly over exposed/too much flash power?)

v8moneypit said:
I like the slightly hi-key look. The 'frosty' glass almost adds to this, but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

I wonder if a bit more greenery might lift the contrast a little. The strawberry on the lower right might look better with the top turned towards the camera :shrug:

The frosty glass was certainly an error... I think maybe next time might use a contrasting background, don't think the white helped much...

James J said:
I quite like the hi-key look to the shot and generally can't really fault the composition. I do however want to query the exposure of it as the strawberries on my macbook air screen have flash based highlight marks on them. This could just be my monitor, but does anyone else see the same thing (possibly slightly over exposed/too much flash power?)

Thanks James. It's probably not your monitor... ;)

Very tasty looking dish of strawberries, makes me want some which is the aim of food photography I think. Wish mine were like that but we have a slug invasion this year and they are taking nearly everything

Exposure has been mentioned and that is easy to fix post processing - I would also try and remember to trim the dried ends of the strawberry caps so they look fresh and green along their length.

Kerioak said:
Very tasty looking dish of strawberries, makes me want some which is the aim of food photography I think. Wish mine were like that but we have a slug invasion this year and they are taking nearly everything

Exposure has been mentioned and that is easy to fix post processing - I would also try and remember to trim the dried ends of the strawberry caps so they look fresh and green along their length.

Thanks for the tip on the ends... I'll remember that for next time. Regards to exposure, yea, I know there's some issues, something I also need to work on for next time. I always seem to struggle on the last hurdle, either under or over.

Back