Edinburgh Zoo

Edit My Images
Yes
Visited Edinburgh Zoo earlier this week with some friends - Twycross was a little too far for me. Anyway it gave me the chance to put my 70-200 through its paces at last (never came off the camera). I can assure you any lack of sharpness is due to my post processing rather than any flaw in the glass.
Would appreciate any comments as I think my PP skills are seriously lacking (and that would be an understatement).

Barbary Macaque (I think)
BM-IMG_6754web.jpg

Chimpanzee (cropped)
Chimp-IMG_6863web.jpg

Polar Bear through perspex
PolarBearIMG_6612web.jpg

Polar Bear & Seagull (cropped) through perspex
PolarBearIMG_6811web.jpg

Eastern Bongo
EasternBongoIMG_6575web.jpg

European Eagle Owl (cropped)
EagleOwlIMG_658.jpg

Flamingo (damn perspex)
FlamingoIMG_6968web.jpg

Hippo
HippoIMG_6874web.jpg

Meerkat (cropped)
MeerkatIMG_6797web.jpg

Zebra
ZebraIMG_6656-web.jpg

Sorry for the number of pics - dont post much normally!

Great stuff.
I was there last week but haven't uploaded the shots yet.
I did the job with the 75-300 and it was the first time it let me down.

I'm going back when I pick my 70-200L up at the end of the month.

I recognise some of them critters too...were the lions still lazing around like slobs when you were there? :LOL:

Never saw the Lions, nor the Tigers:bang: (one of our party was more interested in the play areas ;) )
Saw the a Panther and Jaguar but blasted perspex spoilt those shots, I will return though. :(

Thoroughly enjoyed it and the access was more than I expected so can definately recommend it for all those more northerly peeps envious of the Twycross meet. (y)

Yep...the 'can I have an ice cream daddy' and 'I need a wee' can restrict the creative juices a little can't it?

Here's one of the lions I got indoors and through the perspex

Really nice images, especially like the zebra one (looks like there should be something on the floor in front that he/she's less than amused with) & the Polar bear image is great too (especially through perspex!!) nicely done for that one.

nice shots, last time i was at edinburgh zoo, i found the glass/perspex too dirty and difficult to shoot through, so you have done well with these ! couldnt see any of the big cats, think it was too hot that day !

not bad at all, Polar bear! wicked, never seen one of them

Very nice Lioness there Bachs - almost looks tame;), kicking myself even more now for not getting round there myself :bang:

Thanks for all the comments everyone, definately appreciated and very motivating to hear, particularly considering the number and quality of animal shots you've all had to view this week (y)

Back