Egyptian Goose

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
Back at Etherow yesterday and spent a few moments watching my favourite character there, the Egyptian Goose.
He appears to be a quite fearless little fella and seems to have formed a strong bond with a particular Greylag...

Egyptian_Goose5800.jpg

Egyptian_Goose7800.jpg

Egyptian_Goose9800.jpg

Anthony

is this guy sticking around at etherow then?? I think he might be a bit confused!! Have you seen any great crested grebes knocking about there yet?

is this guy sticking around at etherow then?? I think he might be a bit confused!! Have you seen any great crested grebes knocking about there yet?

(y) I think he is yes.
I've been a few times in the last couple of weeks and he's been there following the same Greylag around.

Not noticed any Great Crested Grebes, but there are a few varieties of Ducks I haven't noticed before, as well as very elusive Moorhen...Who seems to do everything possible to avoid having his picture taken! (I still only have my kit lens)

One thing of interest, I've noticed is a Coot nest and the female seems to spending most of her time in it.
I've done a little research and mid-March seems to be the prime breeding time...Hopefully see some young by the end of the month/early April.

Shot from a couple of weeks back of Egyptian Goose following Greylag (was quite amusing)
Egyptian_Goose.jpg

Another from Saturday (Greylag has finally succumed)
2_Geese.jpg

Back