Elinchrom question

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all, I have a D Lite 4 it setup which I am very happy with, recently I've been attempting some clamshell lighting using an overhead boom, but have found it a bit of a struggle to get up to change the power settings due to an impending hip replacement following years of rugby. If I purchased a D Lite 4 Rx head, would the Skyport transmitter 'Speed' still trigger my existing 4 it strobes ? (I appreciate there would be no power adjustment)

Cheers

Tony

I'm not completely certain but I can't seem to get my D-lite ITs to trigger from a Skyport speed transmitter.

So it appears the answer is no but this wouldn't prevent you from controlling an RX head with a Skyport speed and letting that flash trigger however many other flashes you're using.

Hello all, I have a D Lite 4 it setup which I am very happy with, recently I've been attempting some clamshell lighting using an overhead boom, but have found it a bit of a struggle to get up to change the power settings due to an impending hip replacement following years of rugby. If I purchased a D Lite 4 Rx head, would the Skyport transmitter 'Speed' still trigger my existing 4 it strobes ? (I appreciate there would be no power adjustment)

Cheers

Tony

If your D-Lites have Skyport built in, then they will fire off a Skyport transmitter. If they haven't, you'll need a separate Skyport receiver to plug into the sync port (no remote control).

On the other hand, you may not need that. If you buy a new RX head, the Skyport will fire it of course (and offer remote power control) then just set the other heads to optical slave triggering and they'll all fire in perfect sync.

If your D-Lites have Skyport built in, then they will fire off a Skyport transmitter. If they haven't, you'll need a separate Skyport receiver to plug into the sync port (no remote control).

IT (Intelligent Trigger) heads have a Skyport receiver built in but as I said in the post directly above the Skyport speed transmitter isn't triggering them. Perhaps there's a setting I've missed, they do make a Universal transmitter but it doesn't offer power control and the only use I can see for it is if you want to set off specific groups only otherwise the earlier recommendation seems the easiest option.

IT (Intelligent Trigger) heads have a Skyport receiver built in but as I said in the post directly above the Skyport speed transmitter isn't triggering them. Perhaps there's a setting I've missed, they do make a Universal transmitter but it doesn't offer power control and the only use I can see for it is if you want to set off specific groups only otherwise the earlier recommendation seems the easiest option.

They should fire off a Skyport. Check all settings, channels etc, battery, clean contacts. If still no joy, contact TheFlashCentre.com and talk it through with them - helpful peeps :)

Figured it out, turns out the transmitter was in speed mode which isn't compatible with IT heads.

Figured it out, turns out the transmitter was in speed mode which isn't compatible with IT heads.

Cool (y) Speed mode isn't necessary for studio work and drains the batteries faster.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I realise I could use the optical trigger method, was just intrigued. I've triggered the D litres with a 550ex and yongnuo 602s before now.

Cheers again

Cheers

Tony

As you only need to control the power of this one hard to get to strobe, why not use the Skyport for this light and fire the rest optically?

Back