Embleton Bay, Northumberland

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
I shot this up at Embleton Bay near Dunstaburgh Castle a couple of weeks ago. I look at and like it, but I wonder if that's because I've looked at it too much. Interested to know people's thoughts.

Plus I would also love to know how to get rid of the slight moustache distortion on the horizon because I can't get shot of it!

SJM_0797a.jpg

lovely shot Stu liking the colours indeed and use of shutter very nicely done it certainly balances the exposure, only very slight crit with this would be the land LHS does not add much IMO. thank you for sharing
kevin

Last edited:
Simple. Subtle. Just the right amount of movement.
Love it.

Thanks all for your comments! I do like the fact people take time to give feedback here, flickr used to be great for that but now it seems to be all about pressing favourite and moving on.

Its on flickr now too if anyone wants to see it there.

very nice shot mate as has been said good shutter

I really like this shot something about the simplicity of it. The colours in the sea are great turquoise blue greens and I love the capture of that wave right in the centre about to break. I like the way the angle of the streaming clouds and the tide running back down the beach funnel you into the picture drawing you right in. Spot on shutter speed for the scene IMHO. Great clarity in the wet rocks giving you an almost symmetrical foreground between them.

I don't think the distortion is anything to worry about you have really got to look to see it.... Do you use Lightroom?
Right down the bottom on the development menu is lens distortion looks after all the common lenses (hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but if you don't happen to know its there, just thought worth a mention).
Nice work Stu, really like this!

I don't think the distortion is anything to worry about you have really got to look to see it.... Do you use Lightroom?
Right down the bottom on the development menu is lens distortion looks after all the common lenses (hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but if you don't happen to know its there, just thought worth a mention).
Nice work Stu, really like this!

Hi mate, ta for the detailed feedback, appreciated! I don't use Lightroom as my Mac is running 10.6 so can't install 5, but I am looking to upgrade at some point - I know about the distortion controls there so will have to try it sometime. I use Capture NX2 which ironically has in built distortion control for the 16-35 but it didn't sort it!

Back