Eos-M 20mm Lens, Brand new £62.00

Name
Mr Compatible Ink
Edit My Images
No
I bought a Eos-M from this forum last week and i really like it, i've been looking for a 22mm lens to make it really pocketable, and saw this on Ebay.

I don't bother selling on there any more because of some untrustworthy buyers, but if i buy it with paypal i'm covered anyway, so do members think it's a good buy, even though it's coming from China?

Last edited:
tbh i would never buy from China. on top of import fees that may occur if you get a problem down the road its a nightmare to deal with.
for extra £20 you can get it from UK seller on ebay here

tbh i would never buy from China. on top of import fees that may occur if you get a problem down the road its a nightmare to deal with.
for extra £20 you can get it from UK seller on ebay here

Hi, i saw that one in the link you posted before when i was looking on Ebay, it does say item is located in UK though?

what it says and the real truth are two different things, if you look on user profile says they are in taiwan.. seems to be a common occurance on ebay now by chinese sellers to put Uk as there location

That is confusing lol

Ta for the info I'm going to take a punt on that one, says it will be delivered by Wednesday so sounds like it's not going to be from Taiwan or China

Last edited:
Yeah i messaged them on Ebay and they confirmed it's a UK item.

Purchased now, £81, not as cheap as the Chinese based one but it will be here wednesday (hopefully) rather than October for the £62 one from China.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Last edited:
I've bought from that seller in the past, the goods were in stock in the UK, and arrive by Royal Mail post.

I think @Hugh Jarse has used them as well, and confirmed it arrived via Royal Mail as well.

@Dave 1 is correct.

I ordered same 22mm lens and arrived, RM signed for in 3 working days from UK address and tested perfect.

It is a fantastic fast f2 lens and it was a bargain. In a retail box from Amazon etc, the same item is £195+

In all I have the 2 M lenses, 2 extra exPro batteries and the ef-m to ef/ef-s converter ready for my European trip starting Sunday. (90EX speedlight too)

The final bit of the kit is a silicon body glove for the M which I will collect from the PO in the morning. I am taking my 10-22 and 55-250 lenses too. Might regret the extra weight.

Steve

Nice one, ordered now, thanks for your input.

@Dave 1 is correct.

I ordered same 22mm lens and arrived, RM signed for in 3 working days from UK address and tested perfect.

It is a fantastic fast f2 lens and it was a bargain. In a retail box from Amazon etc, the same item is £195+

In all I have the 2 M lenses, 2 extra exPro batteries and the ef-m to ef/ef-s converter ready for my European trip starting Sunday. (90EX speedlight too)

The final bit of the kit is a silicon body glove for the M which I will collect from the PO in the morning. I am taking my 10-22 and 55-250 lenses too. Might regret the extra weight.

Steve

Steve, have you tried any off camera flash with the Eos-M and 90EX?
I have with a sync cord and ETTL works fine, i tried with a trigger/receiver setup that i use with my 5D's and it works but manual only.

Do i need a specific trigger/receiver for the M, to get ETTL, as it does ETTL with the 5D

(Trigger on the M, receiver on the EX90, so i can move the flash around)

Thanks

Last edited:
I have 4 yongnuo 622c ett-l triggers new in the bpx as replacements for my 602c but have not had a chance to try them yet

Been ultra busy but as the eos-m is ex speedlight compatible they should work.

I am not likely to get a chance to test them until Iget back from my trip (starting tomorrow) at the end of September. I have had the 622's a while but stuck with the in place 603s....

I am sure thet will work but the test is using them for real.

The M just gets more fun.

We need an M Owners thread

Steve

Last edited:
We do mate, have a great trip :)

@Dave 1 is correct.

Steve

Steve how are you finding using the M with the silicon armour? I'm seriously considering getting one and wanted to know your thoughts, especially with the 22mm attached.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Steve how are you finding using the M with the silicon armour? I'm seriously considering getting one and wanted to know your thoughts, especially with the 22mm attached.

Thanks.

The skin makes handling fantastic. No 'sharp' corners and easier for bih hands.

With the 22mm it is fiddly grtting a quick lens swap but it can be fiddly without the skin too!

Glad I brought tbe EF 40mm pancake too. The skin plus adapter is tight but swapping my ef-s 10-22 and 55-250 lensed are a breeze.

For £27 the skin is worth it.

Steve

The skin makes handling fantastic. No 'sharp' corners and easier for bih hands.

With the 22mm it is fiddly grtting a quick lens swap but it can be fiddly without the skin too!

Glad I brought tbe EF 40mm pancake too. The skin plus adapter is tight but swapping my ef-s 10-22 and 55-250 lensed are a breeze.

For £27 the skin is worth it.

Steve

Thanks for replying.

So £19 delivered from here is a good price then :D

Thanks for replying.

So £19 delivered from here is a good price then :D

That looks a good price

Mine certaimly makes the camera easy to handle.

Steve

Cheers Guys, I got my EF-M 22mm F2 Delivered today. Very Impressed. Used my Ebay £10 Voucher as well. Bargain.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but how have you guys found this lens? I'm a bit of a beginner and a colleague says that I will benefit from this lens at night shots.

Dave.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but how have you guys found this lens? I'm a bit of a beginner and a colleague says that I will benefit from this lens at night shots.

Dave.

Dave

It is a fantastic little lens and at f/2 very sharp. If you go to the M users forum gbere is some night shots there which were posted this week you may fknd interesting.

For it's price point around £70 off EBay, it is a bargain considering a retail price off Amazon was £179 yesterday, thougb Amazon was selling tbe White body kit with the 22mm and adaptor for £206 yesterday !

Steve

Back