EPL Ice Hockey

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few player shots from the EPL. Tried a few @ iso 6400 for the first time to see if they were useable........

IAN_5054-3.jpg

IAN_4943-3.jpg

IAN_4989-2.jpg

IAN_4949-1A.jpg

IAN_5023-2.jpg

IAN_4965-4.jpg

TFL Ian

easily usable at 6400, gotta love it :D

That brings back some memories of when I played at Whitley Bay at college (30 odd years ago). Nice shots.
Bill

Hmmm I use a 300mm and 1dmkIII but at iso 2500 .... I might try upping to 6400 it would certainly help the speed as only getting 250/320 at the mo

very impressed

haaa just checked... there iso 3200 the ones at distance.... sneaky :)

Last edited:
Thanks fellas (y)

Sorry Kipax I didn't mean to be sneaky and make out all the shots were @ iso 6400 :D. Of the ones I did shoot 6400 not all were useable but you should give it a try......also they were all shot through dirty plexi glass which doesn't help.

For anyone that can't see the exif.....shot 3 & 6 were shot @ iso 6400. The rest @ 3200 1DMKIII & 300 2.8. The ref shot was with a 1DMKIIN & 70-200 2.8.

Oh I am gonna try.. Maybe even give RAW try this weekend.. havent shot raw in ages but wiht 6400 i presume you do?

ian these are very good imo

and at those iso's :clap:

pleasure viewing

md(y)

Great looking set.
Off to a game on Sat. Hope I can get shots to match these.

Great shots Ian(y),
I would say it's a resounding YES for the use of ISO 6400, i can hardley tell the difference (publishing wise) from the lower ISO's. Godda give ice hockey a go!.
Are these from the press area or just "track side" seats? are they shot through/over perspex or through the peep holes?. I shoot D2h's so no way could i live with these high ISO's:shake:, Maybe when my D3 (if my wife lets me!:shrug:) arrives I'll see you there!!. Kind regards Graham.

Cheers Graham & Joe.

Great shots Ian(y),
I would say it's a resounding YES for the use of ISO 6400, i can hardley tell the difference (publishing wise) from the lower ISO's. Godda give ice hockey a go!.
Are these from the press area or just "track side" seats? are they shot through/over perspex or through the peep holes?. I shoot D2h's so no way could i live with these high ISO's:shake:, Maybe when my D3 (if my wife lets me!:shrug:) arrives I'll see you there!!. Kind regards Graham.

I have a media pass but shoot through dirty plexi at ice level.

I'm sure you will find a good story to tell the wife why the D3 was a necessary purchase ;)

Interesting to see what you can get with 6400ASA but it's a little difficult to judge the noise levels etc at such small sizes. How do they compare with 1600ASA when you're looking at larger crops?

Having said that, as someone who started out pushing Tri-X and HP5 films to 800/1600ASA to get usable images, who looks at grain/noise if the image is a strong, sharp, one?

Interesting to see what you can get with 6400ASA but it's a little difficult to judge the noise levels etc at such small sizes. How do they compare with 1600ASA when you're looking at larger crops?

Having said that, as someone who started out pushing Tri-X and HP5 films to 800/1600ASA to get usable images, who looks at grain/noise if the image is a strong, sharp, one?

Here's one resized only with a 100% crop included.

6400Crop.jpg

Back