Epson P2000 (If you format it)

Name
Johnny
Edit My Images
Yes
So for the past year or more I have been without my Epson P2000 as I one day formatted it forgetting that if you do this, you will wipe its operating system off the drive and render it useless.

Epson say if you do this, the machine must be sent to Epson and they WILL charge you £150+ to reinstall the operating system onto the device. I thought """" that! its prob not even worth that anymore.

I have found a method using a found back up of the Epson file system and a special windows based program to allow reinstallation of the Epson OS to the P2000.

I just wanted to share my sucess with you guys incase you do the same thing.

To perform the repair yourself you are going to need to remove
8x case screws (very very easy)
4x internal screws holding the unit in place (very very easy)
1x internal screw hold the battery conductor in place (very very easy)
4x screws holding the phsyical hard drive in place (very very easy)
disconnecting speaker (easy)
unplug 2 data cables (easy but be careful, lifting up latches and they drop out)
sliding out the hard drive (its all pieced togeather like a 3 stack sandwitch)

buying a usb laptop hdd caddy (I paid £17)
mounting the laptop hdd into the caddy and connecting it to your computer

get the program "R-Drive Image"
and following these simple instructions

"(1) Use WinRAR to expand EpsonP2000.part1.rar and EpsonP2000.part2.rar to obtain the archived Epson P2000 disk image (EpsonP2000.arc) of 138Mb size.
(2) Download the installer of R-Drive Image software (rdi_en_3x.exe).
(3) Run rdi_en_3x.exe to install R-Drive Image software.
(4) Restore the P2000 image (EpsonP2000.arc) to your Epson hard drive using R-Drive Image.

NOTE: the archived disk image (EpsonP2000.arc) was created by the R-Drive Image software. Hence the same software must be used to restore the image to the Epson P2000.

The Epson P2000 Hard Disk has two partitions:

(a) Logical Partition; Label “EPV_SYSTEM”; Size=635Mb
(b) Main Partition; Label “EPSON_PV”; Size= remainder size of the HD
Both partitions are FAT32 format
Labels stated above cannot be changed (Labels are without “…”)
Size of EPV_SYSTEM partition must be 635Mb.
Restore disk image to EPV_SYSTEM partition only."

I dont know where I got the Epson OS from but if you email me, I'd be happy to give you my copy.

Hope this information brings delight to anyone with an Epson paperweight at home.

I believe this works for Epson P4000 also.

PS
This guide will work if you want to upgrade the HDD to a larger one.

I am now happy playing with my Epson P2000 again right now :D
Merry Christmas!
Johnny

Hello Johny, i interesting about the epson OS because i was formatted my storage and epson support want from me £130.00+VAT (£152.75) for repair. I want to try it with your way. Thank you very much, my adress is peter.novak@t-zones.sk. Peter

So for the past year or more I have been without my Epson P2000 as I one day formatted it forgetting that if you do this, you will wipe its operating system off the drive and render it useless.

Epson say if you do this, the machine must be sent to Epson and they WILL charge you £150+ to reinstall the operating system onto the device. I thought """" that! its prob not even worth that anymore.

I have found a method using a found back up of the Epson file system and a special windows based program to allow reinstallation of the Epson OS to the P2000.

unplug 2 data cables (easy but be careful, lifting up latches and they drop out)

"(1) Use WinRAR to expand EpsonP2000.part1.rar and EpsonP2000.part2.rar to obtain the archived Epson P2000 disk image (EpsonP2000.arc) of 138Mb size.
(4) Restore the P2000 image (EpsonP2000.arc) to your Epson hard drive using R-Drive Image.

NOTE: the archived disk image (EpsonP2000.arc) was created by the R-Drive Image software. Hence the same software must be used to restore the image to the Epson P2000.

I dont know where I got the Epson OS from but if you email me, I'd be happy to give you my copy.

Hope this information brings delight to anyone with an Epson paperweight at home.

PS

Merry Christmas!
Johnny
Hi Johny, i would like to know if you could gently send me a copy of the epson P-2000 OS because there's no repair center for this device in my country (Brazil)... thanks a lot! , my adress is oxem@hotmail.com
Best regards,
Gui
www.guilhermeandrade.com.br

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your post. I also reformated my p-2000, but do not have the system software. Would you mind sending me a copy. Thank you...

Nicole
nlecorgne@mac.com

just to post an update on this.
Thank you for the over 30 requests for help on this. I am happy that I have helped so many of you.

a few have been struggling so I am going to re format mine on purpose and make a guide of my repair proceedure for anyone whos struggling.
I will be doing the repair at the end of the week and the guide will be featured here on my blog

http://www.lucid-composure.co.uk/blog/
http://www.lucid-composure.co.uk/blog/?p=150

Johnny

Hello Johnny,

I ruined my Epson P2000 about a year ago when I removed the CF card while it was busy writing and since then I was never able to use it again. Got the same "Press Hardreset" every time I tried to start it.Just when I had given up hope, I found your post.Would deeply appreciate if you could send me the the Epson OS. Really looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Irfan.
irfanishrat@yahoo.com

PS

Merry Christmas!
Johnny

Do anybody, besides Johnny1982, can send me the P-2000 OS??? , Please, Please, Please. I can't connect to internet everyday and I have to work on next week. I really need to fix the bloody Epson as soon as I could. TVM :bonk:

i have also formatted my epson p2000. I couln't find any OS at the links posted. Can you send me the drive image, please?

Thank you so much for this thread it looks like lots of people have found it very useful.

ross@traitgroup.co.uk

kind regards

I know this is an old thread, but is there any way you could email me the Epson OS for the P2000...........im an idiot and formatted mine.............

Thank you so much.........

rscruggs@mac.com

Robby

I could use the operating system too. Can you place it somewhere where folks can download it? I can place it out on my me.com site in a public folder. Shame on Epson for not making this simpler. Mine has been a paperweight for a while now and I miss having it!

Please send OS to randy@rsaphoto.com

Thanks a million!

Wow I can't believe so many people formatted the device! I have one and still works perfect :)

Hi all,

my brother-in-law formatted his Epson P2000

If someone can contact me to send me the Epson OS files
I will appreciate it

My email is al.aguilar@gmail.com

thanks in advance

Alberto

I need your help,

even thinking to compensate through paypal,

anyone with an Epson P-2000?

Looks like this thread is high on Google for 'I formatted my Epson P2000 and now it won't work'.

Gets the membership up though :D

Looks like this thread is high on Google for 'I formatted my Epson P2000 and now it won't work'.

Gets the membership up though :D

:LOL:

Not that I have formatted mine - but am wondering if you still have a copy of the OS as was thinking about getting a larger HD for mine - if not then no worries..

:bonk: Good ole thread revival time :p

Can anyone kindly help? I failed to upgrade the hard drive of my P-2000 and ruined the os. It doesn't work if I plug back the original hard drive. Much appreciate.

My email is: raymondso22@ymail.com

Hi!

I need help too! Does anybody have a disk image for Epson P-2000 (or a fresh link to one)?

My email is sergeyskleznev@gmail.com
Thank you in advance!

PS I have one disk image, made with R-Disk Image, but it was made some time ago (under XP probably), so now I cant open it under my Win7x64...

Hi. Sorry I have no longer been an active member of this forum for some time. I will return when I pick up photography again but in the mean time I have replied to everyone in this thread with the files you require.

For those who didnt leave their addresses.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102354534/Epson P2000 repair.zip

Good luck with your devices. Although surely by now a 32gig CF card is affordable and more reliable than this device.

:)

The problem was backing it up and you can always add a bigger hard drive to these anyway - Although by todays standards they are slow - I wonder how fast it would be with an SSD inside :)

Good point I forgot about that!

Hi. Sorry I have no longer been an active member of this forum for some time. I will return when I pick up photography again but in the mean time I have replied to everyone in this thread with the files you require.

For those who didnt leave their addresses.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102354534/Epson P2000 repair.zip

Good luck with your devices. Although surely by now a 32gig CF card is affordable and more reliable than this device.

:)

Johnny1982 could you please send me the os software as my hard drive keeps saying press reset, so I have purchsed a 80gb one just need all the software to get it going, thank you carpcrazymike@yahoo.com

Hi everyone, I have purchased an 80gb hitachi harddrive but need all the software to get it up an running, can anyone please send me the links or show me where to get it, thanks carpcrazymike@yahoo.com

Hi all, installed new hard drive and used the link to get it up and running, however now I can only view pictures that are on cf card, the sd card slot does nothing, any ideas?

Sorry, I have the same problem to find a backup for the P-2000. The HDD inside is broken and so no backup available. The link to the dropbox do not work. Is it possible to download thr file from an other location or can someone upload a copy to dropbox again?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards
Andy

Back