European Karting champs.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Three weekends ago I went down to Salbris south of Paris to see my nephew compete in the final round of the Rotax Euromax championship. He had qualified on pole for the main final and only had to finish within four places of his nearest rival, this was going to plan until his gearbox failed, a very rare occurrance which was hard for him to take.
I had mailed the organisers and arranged accreditation ok, I had a local online news sports website, whose editor penned me a letter in return I was to write a report, something completely new for me, but it seemed to go down well.

Anyway here are a few shots from the day.

1.This lad, Harry Webb beat Max Verstappen last year in karting, one to watch.

Rotax Euromax -Salbris France.
by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

2. It was very rough off track.

3. My nephew Sean driving through the very quick chicane, not a place for the faint hearted to shoot from .

4. A shot from the back of the grid with the KSP photographers at work.

Rotax Euromax -Salbris France. by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

5. A shot from the front of the grid, featuring rising British star Alex Quinn and his Dad sheltering from the sun.

6. The chicane from a different angle, here I had to pre-manually focus on the kerb as there were obstacles on the approach.

7. Line astern are Harry Webb's team mates, he's already pulled a gap.

8. Technically it could have been better as I didn't catch him mid stream, this was a between the race comfort break from a French marshal....hope it doesn't offend .

It's the World Finals next in Valencia at the end of November, am very tempted to go.

The album is here : https://www.flickr.com/photos/brit_27/sets/72157647297520147/

I think that you taking the p*** particularly with No.8.
Great set Paul, liking 1, 3 & 6 in particular.
Valencia in November with the cream of karting talent & screaming two strokes, I'm sold on the idea too ;-) Accreditation might be the stumbling block though. #mustfindout

Yeah sorry for number 8 !
The guys at rgmmc are very friendly, I'm sure a friendly email will help and flights are cheap at the moment . The racing runs from Thursday to Saturday .

Thanks for the heads up Paul, have you touched base with them yet?

Great stuff Paul, I really want to shoot Karting at some point, it looks like fun. How hard are they to shoot, can imagine they are quite quick?

Dex, most kart tracks offer great vantage points for photography, there are no fences to have to shoot through and you are nice and close to the action. Karts are quick , so it is a good focussing work out for your gear, give it a try out some time ;).

Thanks Brian, the organisers were happy with the shots, especially the ones shot from the rear of the grid, something different to the others I guess ? There is a company called KSP who have the European Euromax stuff covered, my nephew says he can find photos from any race he's ever competed in on their website ! I would imagine that they are the guys down the front of the grid in my #4 shot.
It's a bit of a closed shop here in the UK for the main SuperOne kart series, with 'kartpix' covering all the events, so the best bet is to try your local circuit as I have done and gain some experience.

Thanks Brian, the organisers were happy with the shots, especially the ones shot from the rear of the grid, something different to the others I guess ? There is a company called KSP who have the European Euromax stuff covered, my nephew says he can find photos from any race he's ever competed in on their website ! I would imagine that they are the guys down the front of the grid in my #4 shot.
It's a bit of a closed shop here in the UK for the main SuperOne kart series, with 'kartpix' covering all the events, so the best bet is to try your local circuit as I have done and gain some experience.

Cheers Paul, there's a national track close enough to me here with a meeting at the end of Oct….might give it a go.

Back