Evening in Whitehaven

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
Yes
I think you have a good set there - may main comments are re cropping

Number 1

the image would be improved (in my opinion) if there were less of the dark sky - it has no features and - for me - it tends to detract rather than enhance

Number 2

Again the upper sky has no features and could be cropped, thus focussing more attention on the sand and waves which I think are great

Number 3

Here I think it is the other way round - for me the dominant feature is the setting sun and it being the source of the redness in the rest of the image (even though in practice you may well have enhanced the redness - ?a tad too much) and I think it would be improved by cropping some of the foreground out as that doesn't have much red in it. The sun may be blown but I don't think that matters too much in this kind of image.

The light was not its best for you IMO

Waiting for the sun to go down just below the horizon may have helped as the air was clear and so the sun was harsh.

I rather like this shot from the set its a nice angle I have not really seen and UWA helps but a few minutes later was the time for the shot.

_MG_8250 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Thanks for your comments, as I am there on a regular basis well worth a reshoot

Liz
Keep trying we get some great light on this coast and the harbour does offer some nice shots

Remember if you have time and transport it is only a half hour drive to Buttermere.

Have done Buttermere and Loweswater shots on my Flickr :)

Back