Excellent customer service from Sigma and Clifton Cameras

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
More often and not these threads contain complaints, however here's a good news story

For some time now I have been resisting GAS but in Tuesday I succumbed and place an order with Clifton Cameras for a Sigma 120-300 Sport. Wednesday arrived and so did my lens, as with all toys I couldn't wait to have a play, but the excitement passed because on testing the lens I discovered a strange noise. After making a few enquiries as to whether this was normal I contacted Neil at Clifton Cameras who spoke to Sigma who requested that the lens be sent in for inspection, Neil offered to send me a returns label, however I tried the lens on another body and the noise went away.

My next port of call was to ring Sigma and spoke to one of their Service Supervisors, a helpful chap by the name of Daniel. Daniel said that it was probably nothing to worry about but if I wanted them to check it, they would, I decided that as I was passing through Welwyn Garden City myself today I would call in with both the lens and my camera to make sure everything was OK.

Today came and I called in to Sigma, and after checking the firmware and also trying different bodies on the lens and also different lenses on my camera. They offered to exchange it for a lens from their stock.

So to summarise, you only see how good a company is when things go wrong. On this occasion I have to commend both Clifton for there initial speed in looking into the complaint and contacting Sigma, and also Sigma again for the speed in which they rectified the issue. I was at their office for about an hour, which included 15 mins on my own with their lens to make sure I was happy with it.

Thank you to Daniel and Neil, I am over joyed with my new lens and can't wait to try it out :D

Good news, can't fault Sigmas customer service and enjoy the lens (y)

Back