Eye reflection of a wild Wood Mouse.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Not really a true macro shot, but I was taking photos of a wood mouse in my garden recently(I have a fair few shots of these mice!) so i thought i would try to get as close to one of the mice as possible. My intention was to focus on the wild mouses eye, in order to show the content in its reflection.

Here is the un-cropped(full size) image of the wood mouse. Since i know the content of the eye reflection, and you might not be able to make all of it out, it is as follows - My house, blue sky and clouds, a path, a small pile of crushed peanuts!(the lure) and a dark shadow, which is me crouched down, taking the shot.

Wood Mouse (garden photo). 2nd-February-2013 by Testudo Man, on Flickr

A cropped image of the photo above, showing a closer look at the eye reflection.

Wood Mouse eye reflection, showing me! (garden photo). 2nd-February-2013 by Testudo Man, on Flickr

And another un-cropped(recent)close up shot of one of the garden wood mice. Cheers.

Wood Mouse up real close (garden photo). 24th-January-2013 by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Wow, most excellent, the detail is fantastic!

Thanks for that.

Nice one TT ;)

Cheers Ash, nice to hear from you mate, hope you are keeping well.

Looks like you have been here awhile(on this forum) I joined back in November, but have only really started posting recently. It seems like a cool place, perhaps a bit "clicky", but that's to be expected (y)

Cheers Ash, nice to hear from you mate, hope you are keeping well.

Looks like you have been here awhile(on this forum) I joined back in November, but have only really started posting recently. It seems like a cool place, perhaps a bit "clicky", but that's to be expected (y)

I'm all good thanks Mr!

Yeh been here a few years I think... but doing much less of the photography recently :(

But yes it's a nice place :D Just expect people to tell you what they think ;) None of this "Nice pic :)", it's more "Well it would be nice.. but this, this and this are what you can do to improve it" :LOL:

Great set, very nice detail.

Cheers for that.

great little critters thanks for sharing.

Thanks.

Excellent photos, like the detail in the eyes.

Cheers.

I'm all good thanks Mr!

Yeh been here a few years I think... but doing much less of the photography recently :(

But yes it's a nice place :D Just expect people to tell you what they think ;) None of this "Nice pic :)", it's more "Well it would be nice.. but this, this and this are what you can do to improve it" :LOL:

Well, you are all grown up now Ash (y) with a demanding job, so i would imagine you have little spare time for photography these days.

As you can see, ive ventured into the DSLR world recently. I had a look at a Canon, but this Nikon d5100 was offered to me at a real good deal/price, so I had to go for it :)

Our UK Buttterflies (and adders/reptiles) should be out and about very soon, so you know what i'll be shooting pics of soon then (y)

Well, you are all grown up now Ash (y) with a demanding job, so i would imagine you have little spare time for photography these days.

As you can see, ive ventured into the DSLR world recently. I had a look at a Canon, but this Nikon d5100 was offered to me at a real good deal/price, so I had to go for it :)

Our UK Buttterflies (and adders/reptiles) should be out and about very soon, so you know what i'll be shooting pics of soon then (y)

Exactly... alos fish tanks are taking my time up :p

Awesome, I do view your Flick ones :)

Back