Critique Fallow buck

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Trying to catch up with the fallow rutt,third year now here we go;). Grey old evening this guy had a good harem,maybe 2030. These guys are so damn wild,I guess that works for one at this time of year,they are so scared of man. Nonetheless , one has to be careful ,they boyz are a bit nutz. I'm not there yet on how a mature buck here should look. this massive herd are so svelt, man they run ,Their shape is much finer than most parkland deer I know. It#s difficult trying to pin down comparisons. Maybe I'm just missing the really big guys as of yet I ??? but I wonder if this population might just contain smaller lads than one might see in a more sedate herd.

Fella's about to run. he's clocked me put thirty yards closer to check me out, and is about to take off or maybe he's just he's seen another fox in his ladies and being a dad is more important,I ain't totally sure:D. It's a shame I couldn't get higher I have at least 7 sets of eyes on me,it was nice to have got something really, as everything was on a knife edge.

As framed not much light grey old eve,1/500 f4.5 iso 5000 420mm

_70F2950 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

stu

That's a handsome lad Stu. You've really caught the tension in him as he's about to run. I guess there was foliage between you creating the diffused effect, but I like that. It compliments the drab light.

That's a handsome lad Stu. You've really caught the tension in him as he's about to run. I guess there was foliage between you creating the diffused effect, but I like that. It compliments the drab light.

hey both Yes Jan I needed to be higher it is foliage, :( I was right next to a tree hoping to be part of it to get to a knee i'm buried almost on the floor trying desparately not to blow it and also find a hole for an image. I had a female yards from me checking me out not one frame fired. I just was totally pinned one wrong move and I'd have lost the lot. I was so lucky to get this he just moved in a bit of clear on the face. shame about the feet!! ,Yeah it does work with the gloom but I'd have killed for some light,it's one of the few spots the late sun catches Jan time was right but wasn't to be sadly

They were doing that prancing thing Janny ya know really high but graceful steps but drum tight with tension,remind me of dressage horses.They knew there was something there but not sure what exactly. I adore seeing that behaviour (IF THEY DON'T SPOOK:D). I caught him high in one step but the motion of his head killed that frame sadly plus i cut his rack DOH. I was hoping he would tak e them away from me a bit and I could try from the wood edge with a clearer view,but a leaf fell(figuratively could be anything, and boom gone, they are nutz difficult Jan. Honestly we lost a chance with a buck last year cause a ruddy acorn fell on the car couldn't make it up

Ha they are so frit I feel pretty safe,but none the less had escape routes and all sorts being mused,left me lass yards from a high seat ya know just a bit cautious like;). Ahh Janny she had two hares playing in front of her and I came back and scuppered it. gutted, not only for her,but i'v never got a hare image in a wood yet ,good in I lol:D We had a peak the night before and again a hare was yards from me came right up light had gone sadly,but we just seem to bump into hares for a pastime,......this isn't the spot where I normally go for hares,although you have seen the odd image from here:)

cheers

stu

You need to buy her a camera for christmas...............;)

It would be a dream for me Jan,she can't even hold me old 550D and a little kit lens.......... it's the illness mate a form or arthritis:(,She just about copes with a small set of binos,so the min I started earning she got a nice set well we think they are nice not some esoteric all singing danicng but awesome to us. tis such a shame Janny she'd probably be a complete natural leastways artistically and framing wise.

Tis hard at times mate, she struggles especially with the deer but will be damned if she is going to let anything stop her coming one ankle is like a ruddy football.

Reminds me constantly how lucky I am Jan with my health hey ho,mate she's chomping to have another go and the sun's just come out :)

have a fab weekend mate

stu

Think he caught you peeping from the bushes :) great capture Stu

Hey Adam and you Russ hope you are both good lads:) I have another frame if I get time i'll pop it up ,it has a doe in but I think IQ might be better. i'm a little unsure about this one TBH

Ad's yup mate if they know I am human then they are gone,but there are odd times when they can't figure out what I am,but they have clocked me,so they come to see,I've had roe and hares do this bro. i got some does yesterday doing just this. It's a wonderful behaviour to see really enchanting,but they can come so close framing can be tricky.

Still hammering them lads,got in on a group of about thirty with 3 bucks. I was with them for hours not a spat between them boys. Frankly I think they have too many ladies and can't be assed with fighting,there are too many other ways to productively spend ones energy if ya get me drift:D So i'm still trying for me rutting images and wouldn't be surprised if I get sod all again.

The stalker put me onto a rutting stand in the woods 3 hours not a sign(they were there the day before). I gave up and went off chasing about twenty mins later and i'm in and spent the rest of the day following the same deer.. Fabulous to have a crack at them in the woods,normally I stay away It's a hard place this,i'd almost forgotton how hard.Jees they are sharp

cheers for the comments both

stu

Back