Family Portrait - PP Help Please

Name
Chris Ratford
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I took this photo at a family meal just after christmas, but only took a quick snap as someone else was supose to be taking a decent verion, but his turned out rubbish :puke:. I want to print and frame this photo instead, but I really don't like it at the moment. What can I do to tone down the yellowness of the photo? I only have it in jepg format :( I'm rubbish at taking people photos, Its something I want to get out and practise more.

Alternatively if anybody would be kind enought to have a quick go at enhancing it themselve I can email the large version (3500x2600). :love:

3386799181_a10f45ca24.jpg

The original looked like this, which was rubbish to start with :thumbsdown: I removed the sofas and a few other bits, but failed to improved the colours.

3386820949_4684fbaf7f.jpg

Cheers for the help
Chris

Youve done a good job so far! I think it would look nice in B+W, simple enough :)

And fancy making the older bloke sit on the floor cross legged :LOL:

Hi

You have done a great job so far, I had a go first I did auto contrast then auto levels, next I made a new layer sampled the white form the man at the backs white stripes then filled the layer with the sampled colour inverted the layer, changed the layer mode to colour then change the opacity to 10 %

Edited Version

TP_Edits4.jpg

Original Photo By GeForce Junky

3386799181_a10f45ca24.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
A few ways of reducing the 'yellowness' assuming you have photoshop

1.Change the preferences so that jpegs open in ACR and then you can adjust the white balance slider

2. Open a new colour balance adjustment layer and move the cyan/red slider a little towards the cyan and the yellow/blue slider towards the blue. Move these sliders to suit.

3. This may be the only way if you have elements:
Open a hue/saturation adjustment layer, select yellow in the drop down menu and reduce the saturation, repeat with red.

Cheers for the help. I'm using a very old version of photoshop (5.0 LE), so tried the adjusting the red and yellow saturations technique and it worked quite well. I think I might buy a new version of photoshop, as mine is somewhat antique, and I want something to edit raws better. £150 at student price is still a lot though :(

Last edited:
Back