Critique Fashion Editorial "Blend of Pastel"

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Would like to share a picture from a recent shoot we did at "Mayfield Lavender"... Hope you guys like it... Please critique :)

5_MK38870.jpg

I thought it was a composite of an angel until I looked a 2nd time.

I'm no pose photographer but I'd still like to give my input, feel free to ignore me if you so wish, I won't be offended.

The lady is lovely. Love the dress and the flow and the lavender framed around her. Sky is lavender sort of colour too - very well put together photograph for me - BUT, her eyes are half-closed, her eye-shadow is so dark that from a standard viewpoint on screen (unless I click on the image to make it look bigger) - she looks like she is sleeping. I think for such dark eye-makeover, her eyes should be perhaps, wide open as they could be? Sorry if I'm wrong - just sayin' what I'm seeing. :)

Other than that, its a bloody cracking photo, I think, anyway.

Thanks for your comment Carl, I see what you mean by the eyes, it would be nicer with them being wide open but that's all we have unless we composite them from another shot :) I am glad you like it. I was more worried about the pose hiding the hair... Once the images get published I will update the thread with a complete set. Thanks again for your input...

Thanks for your comment Carl, I see what you mean by the eyes, it would be nicer with them being wide open but that's all we have unless we composite them from another shot :) I am glad you like it. I was more worried about the pose hiding the hair... Once the images get published I will update the thread with a complete set. Thanks again for your input...
I didn't notice the hair - see what I mean, I'm not really that qualified to do a critique on such an arty pose. :)

At least she shaved her armpits :whistle:

Love everything apart from the eye shadow thing which detracts IMO. Otherwise thought it would have been welcome in a glossy mag as an advert for a new perfume or something.

Thanks Omens for ur comment, did u mean the makeup or the shadow fall off?

Carl apparently hair is in so maybe I should draw some in :p

Hey Anda, this is a great shot. I did notice the hair but when I ask myself what I would have done,met here is not a whole lot so I left the hair alone. However, the eyebrow, the eye maybe the lips take some unwanted attention. The eyebrow is to thick and too dark for me. I will advise compositing those using other shots you took that day. You'll make better use of the photograph if you do.
My two cents,
Cheers.

I was expecting lavender eyeshadow, not dark grey. So dark it clashes a bit in the full picture.
You can fix that though :D

I too am disappointed with the pose- eye contact as said would be good also the dress to left of shot is over exposed and blown almost to white

loving the concept though, Lavender works well as a lead in

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Omens for ur comment, did u mean the makeup or the shadow fall off?
Erm not sure. The dark shaded area between the eyebrows and the eyelids. It kinda grabs my focus away from the other areas of the image. Almost distracting. Suspect it was makeup.

The OOF foreground could do with having the contrast boosted a touch a little clarity on a grad perhaps, as it is it somehow looks wrong, like she's been pasted in from elsewhere. There's also a dust bunny just above the lavender on the right edge.

I like it, works well, like the sky, how did you do that? Was it a grad or post or?

ALTHOUGH THAT DUST ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE PLEASE!

The blown dress is the part that bothers me the most. Can you pull that back from the RAW?

Thanks for all your replies, i will post the full set with all considerations when its ready...

Back