Fast CF cards. Where from???

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for some 8GB CF cards. Fastest possible. Sandisk Extreme 60mbs seems to be the card of choice at present.
Any other suggestions, and where is the best place to buy from? Would like about 4 in total.

Cheapest is Amazon at £20.36. MyMemory is £19.99 including 'free' postage.

http://www.idealo.co.uk/compare/1881369/sandisk-extreme-compactflash-400x-8gb-sdcfx-008g.html

Cheapest are the same price as MyMemory but they're from Amazon Marketplace and Ebay. I wouldn't bother getting my bargepole out, never mind touching them with it. BTDTGTfake.

MyMemory are official resellers: all my cards are from there and they can be trusted.

I agree with you, but I'm trying to teach a man to fish, not give him one.

I agree with you, but I'm trying to teach a man to fish, not give him one.

A wise thing to do, but neither site provides the Amazon/Ebay warning so anyone simply going for the cheapest may well (will?) end up with a problem.

Nobody should buy on price alone without regard for the risks. In my opinion the best way to find a bargain is to do some price searches and then let common sense and experience weed out the more dubious options. In this day and age if people haven't already worked out the potential risks of eBay and Marketplace sellers or unknown (possibly foreign) suppliers I'd be surprised, but don't tar them all with one brush. I've bought from numerous eBay stores (not memory cards though) and never had a problem, or at least not one which remained unresolved. I just listed a couple of pricing search websites. There are others of course, and if I had to shortlist a few suppliers from memory (Hah! Hah!) it would be Amazon, My Memory and 7Dayshop. But IMO one should not rule out other possibilities without research first. That's why I posted price search links rather than a specific answer. I don't want to do the research for people when they ought to be able to do that for themselves. A steer in the right direction is always helpful though. :)

mymemory have never let me down and their prices are usually down with if not the lowest around, of course I check elsewhere but as long as they are still reasonably close on price I'll keep using them in preference to any other.

As above my memory are reliable, moby memory should be fine too. Lots of fake sandisk cards around. 8gb is quite small by current standards- so you'll find a lot dumped om the 2nd hand market. No real of assessing if they're genuine though.

Back