Fat Birds

Edit My Images
Yes
Yep, up here we must have a load of them!

Tis been two weeks now since the feeder was put up and not a nibble :(

Wifes cunning plan can be seen below, a decoy, we shall see :D

Decoy.jpg

Thought, who clicked this thread expecting something else :thinking:

Ah, confusion is a funny old thing.

Me, I'm just recovering from a head injury after asking the guy in the local pet shop if he had fatballs.

Thought, who clicked this thread expecting something else :thinking:

:LOL: yep... not what I was expecting to see.....
Dunno if all the little birds have migrated - haven't seen any on my feeder for a while now :shrug:

:LOL: yep... not what I was expecting to see.....
Dunno if all the little birds have migrated - haven't seen any on my feeder for a while now :shrug:

Didn't catch me out ... but ... I was struggling with the id on the peanut bird until I re-read the post ...:thinking: :embarrassed: :LOL:

The little ones are still around a'plenty Min ... just that there is still a lot of natural food around ... so visitors to feeding stations normally drop for a while ... they will pick up again as the winter draws on though so ... kep ... ! :D

A couple of cold days have brought the little ones back - try throwing some seed on the ground under the feeders. Once they seem to see one feeding they seem to follow - if you can fight off the collared doves!

- if you can fight off the collared doves!

Don't need to here ... Sparrowhawk has just reduced the population ... :cautious:

Heard an explosion of sound and just managed to catch sight of a load of fluttering feathers and it flying off with the poor thing ... on investigation thay had both bounced off the bathroom window during the chase ...ouch ...:eek:

Evidenced by a powder marked ... but unbroken window ...:D

Used to be just kestrals round here but sparrow hawkes with the quick low-level attack are moving in to E Anglia in numbers.

Used to be just kestrals round here but sparrow hawkes with the quick low-level attack are moving in to E Anglia in numbers.

We get them in daily ... sometimes multiple visits ... especially if they 'miss' ... as the youngsters usually do ...:p

Back