Feeding Raven

Edit My Images
No
This is probabaly one of the wariest birds I've ever photographed. It was taken from a hide I have near a quarry and I am only 10 yards away so it's not cropped.

I have this hide to try and photograph Buzzards but the Raven pays the odd visit. It's easily as big as the Buzzard as you can see against a full grown Rabbit.

And yes, I put the Rabbit there.

And no, I did'nt, and don't, kill them for this purpose.

Hope it does'nt offend anyone.

Rav.jpg

Yes, very nice. Love the light reflecting back on the wings. Well worth the effort.

Lovely capture - and I'm not offended. ;)

superb bird and well caught..offended I am not but would like to see a buzzard shot if you have any, we have tons of buzzards all flying along the motorway and have often thought of baiting one for a photo...in the snow would be pretty cool.

Superb, the light, the Bokeh, the detail, everything, camera and lens details etc, please.

Mike.

Cracking stuff there. Not offended in the slightest :)

Seems as though you have a sweet deal going on with the hide as well! To get that close is awsome :)

Fantastic shot! Very clear and good detail.

The bird looks massive compared to the rabbit, although they are quite big.

Thank's for the comments, it sort of makes it all worthwhile.

Mikeyb.... I used a Sigma 100-300f4 @f5.6 and a 20d.

The background is distant hillside about 1/4 mile away or more. I put the hide there because of the background and built a mound of turf to put the Rabbit on (looks like a grave) and get a totally clean view.

Back