Ferrari 458 Italia

Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd chuck this up for some C&C :)

I didn't have any control over the placement of the car as it was parked outside a dealership, but it happens to be in quite a nicely presented area and I wanted to see what I could achieve.

08-August.jpg

Any hints/tips both from a composition and PP point of view greatfully accepted :D

Cheers,

Ash

I understand and agree with the comment about it being a snapshot but I think...

Any tips on how it could've been more than just a snapshot?

.......is a great valid straight to the point question.(y)

I rarely photograph cars but may be soon so (excluding heavy PP and artificial lighting) I'm keen to see the response.

No no no, this picture is all wrong, where are the flames?

The car is a lovely piece of Automotive sculpture.

Unfortunately the shot as a whole fails because of the "dullness" of the location.

You need to take the car somewhere more interesting.

I wonder if it was back at the dealers for the recall, as these 458's keep bursting into flames. Guess it's a hazard with a hot car :LOL:

Its the location letting the car down. Technically the image is good, exposed well, lots of detail.

Somehow, get the car in a great location then show it off (y)

ok its not a stunning automotive shot but I actually quick like it as a photo. the house and the car go together.

Nice car ash, px the skyline for it? :) lol

I think its the location of the pic as said thats letting it down slightly, the detail in the image is very good though

Thanks for the comments all :) As I'm sure you can imagine, I would've liked to have had some (read any!) control over the placement of the car, but I think it'd upset the sales folk in the dealership if I'd barged in and asked one of their customers if he'd mind moving his car about :D

By the way, they don't catch fire, they have a "thermal incident" ;)

Beautifully taken shot bad location etc. What was happening behind the car? How would a close 3/4 shot from the front looked?

Somehow, get the car then show off in it (y)

EFA ;)
Sorry, but give me a car like that for the day and the last thing you'd find me doing is taking photos :love:

To the OP: There are some guys on here who do great car pics. The only member who's name I can remember at the minute is GFWilliams. Have a search for some of his threads and see what he's doing to get great shots (y)

It is a shot of a fantastic car but the house and scenery dominate. Given the house and scenery aren't half as impressive as the car I think you need to have the car dominate the frame. The Lambo shot is the simple way out - go close. Alternatively, try shooting from a low angle with a narrow depth of field to lose the background to a blur. I'm no good at PP but the car seems to have nicely defined edges. Could you cut out the car (and possibly the brickwork it sits on) and add a better background?

I happened to like the shot of the house, later I noticed the car.... which is quite worrying being as it's bright red from the prancing horse stable!

If you'd have been able to use your exact location for taking the shot only to have got down and dirty (oo-err!) and taken the shot from ground level, the car would have dominated the frame more. (Moving a foot or two to your left wouldn't have harmed matters either :))

Or,

I could be talking out of my arse as usual.

Carry on!

:LOL:

-Rob

Back