Ferrari F12 shoot

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
Latest shoot, a beautiful Italian lady:

Thanks for looking!

Nice set, especially 1 and 2. I find the last one to look incredibly artificial, whether or not that's the look you were going for I don't know, but that one doesn't do it for me.

Still a nice set :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! Interesting you should say that, we edited these as a team (with some designers I work with) so a couple of the shots are edited by different people. I won't say which ones are edited by me and which ones by designers, but interesting that there is a noteable difference in styles (probably because their talents in photoshop far surpass my own!)

These were all light-painted using a small LED block (a video light) attached to a monopod. A good set-up for very low-light scenarios, but simply isn't strong enough to compete with any amount of ambient lighting (particularly street lights).

Since we're not allowed to comment on the model, I'll just say that I would rather have the photo bomber (but would probably trade it in against a pair of F-Types!) I do like the shots though but have to agree that the last one is the weakest link. IMO the blingy background cheapens the car.

Can't fault you there, I would love to photograph an F-Type. We have a Jaguar dealer just down the road (with the new coupes and R models in) and my heart melts every time I hear one go by, stunning cars!

(The blingy background is actually the showroom the car is for sale in, I won't tell the owner! Haha)

Very nice photos. Good stuff.
I'm lucky enough to regularly valet this puppy. Wish my photos were as good as yours but this was taken with a Nikon compact for my website

2013 Aston Martin Vantage
10514613_665575423531199_7824204863381739572_n.jpg

Last edited:
Can't fault you there, I would love to photograph an F-Type. We have a Jaguar dealer just down the road (with the new coupes and R models in) and my heart melts every time I hear one go by, stunning cars!

(The blingy background is actually the showroom the car is for sale in, I won't tell the owner! Haha)

One of the most galling things about the DVFLA's delays in returning my driving privileges was that I couldn't attend the launch events for the F Types. I could probably blag a test drive in them but IMO that would be a little cheeky since I don't really plan on purchasing one. Might chance my arm next time mine's in for a service...

A gentleman of my acquaintance has done a few shoots for AM, most recently up in the wilds of Scotland, where he was allowed to do some of the driving between locations. I've offered to assist for him as a freebie but alas the answer was no. :waaaaaah!!!:

#4 for me, such an awesome shot! #2 and last shot then! #1 and #3 I am not fussed on the blackout!

These are very cool. Great compositions and light painting.

To be critical, I think the painted in highlights are a little too strong in places and look fake because of it. Take the rear shot of the car for instance, you've got strong highlights where the light is fading out.. But that last shot, oh my god - you didn't do that did you mate?

Great work yet again. I'm jealous of how you can get your car shots like these, not just the cars you work with but the way you make the final images look as well. The way the car stands out, clarity and processing is spot on...tutorial or tips?:D understandable if you don't want to reveal your technique (y)

I must admit with only owning a bog standard VW Passat estate I've not yet tried to get arty with car shots:rolleyes:

Nice set - although I agree with the others in that the last shot is the odd one out by a long way for me.. All the others though are crackers with #1 and #3 being my favourites (y)

Believe it or not, the highlight lines are actually painted over the real ones (the beginning and end of each highlight is real, the middle section is 'tidied up' to look smoother).

Last shot was edited by one of the graphic designers (I wouldn't know where to begin making the car look that clean!). It looked a little flat in terms of the colour so I've done some darkroom stuff over the top of it to try and make it look less like a render, but it's probably obvious that the guy has forgotten more about photoshop than I'll ever know!

Edit - Thanks Paul, I may write some tutorial tips in the future although would likely feel a bit daft as I'm still learning myself!

Last edited:
That's really nice!

Would be nice having the wheels rotated to the same angle wouldn't it. That's all I can think of with that one

I know what you mean about the popularity on different sites, I'm experiencing the same with the Harley shots at the moment.

Back