Critique Few boxing photos from last night!

Nice, but maybe a bit clean and clinical - I don't really get a sense of atmosphere or action.

Hiya Taylor. Never taken boxing photos myself and am not a photographer but enjoy taking photos. These look good to me 2 and 5 seem to apeal (to my eyes anyway).

Gaz

You got some good shots there, don't forget to straighten in PP, 1,3 as the door frame pulls your eye to the slant

Okay, what would you recommend I do?
Well, the last one is a bit grittier where you've processed it in black and white and either added grain or reduced the noise reduction. The second shot I think has some potential to be interesting with processing. The first and third are suffering from the poor venue lighting - the peripheral lighting is taking the emphasis away from the action, there's not a lot you can do about that without a lot of processing intervention (or feeding back to the organisers). The fourth is framed rather tight which over-emphasises the dead space between the boxers (the "goal post" effect) and there's an absence of eye contact or engagement between the boxers. Apart from a few clipped heads in one or two shots the fight could have been taking place in an empty venue.

Maybe you've some other shots that show some emotion and engagement from the audience and between the boxers. In the last shot, despite the grittier processing the boxer on the left looks bored and the one on the right looks like he was wishing he was somewhere else.

Let's see some more from the night..

straighten the pictures..... also we need to see more faces and emotion on the faces... maybe some fuill length pics.. if this is as you seem to be saying to impress a magazine then sorry but none of these would... have a ganders at this http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/

Back