Few From London

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Me and my bestest half went down to London last week to watch Billy Elliot at the theatre "Birthday treat" Coincided with remembrance Sunday so we had to go. Obviously took a few photos like everyone else we stayed whilst the last flower was placed and the 2 minute silence was held. Was a very somber few minutes for sure.
I am aware there's been loads of images posted of the flowers but I include a few and some random photos of London whilst we walked around and stopped for food tea and wine :)

1 Poppies @ Tower Of London
Poppies_pano.jpg

2 Poppies Remembrance.
Poppies.jpg

3 Leaving The Poppies _V Busy
Poppies_Display_crowds_london.jpg

4 In the Rain
Rainy_city.jpg

5 London Bus_Red
Red_Bus_motion.jpg

6 Red phone boxes and Man
Telephone_boxes.jpg

All feedback is most welcomed.

Gaz

hi gaz, my biggest criticism with the first two is that you've blown the sky out in shot one and shot two is lacking any real sky detail. also the distortion on shot one leaves some unattractive areas at the bottom. I see what you was trying to do in shot 3 but for me it doesn't really work. the old boy copper and the car are just distractions to me. I quite like shot 4 but to me it screams gritty black and white and clone the little distraction out on the bottom right hand side. shot 5 is my favourite. it would have been nice to have seen this if the exposure time was much longer also. shot five doesn't do much for me. id have maybe preferred a high detail square on close shot of the phone box.

hope that's not to harsh.

Hi Phil.No not harsh at all. You have given lots of feedback here and the way you have put it accross means you couldnt take it in a bad way.I take on board all that you have said. Agreed the sky is pants in the pano number1. I did exspose for the sky in the 5 images taken so there is no blown highlights in the raws but obviously the foreground is dark so when I processed the raws I brought the foreground up and lost detail in the sky :-( to be honest though the sky was not that good.Shame about 3 as I liked that and the rain photo best :) I seem to prefer colour images but do see where you are going with the gritty feel.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Last edited:
Hi Phil.No not harsh at all. You have given lots of feedback here and the way you have put it accross means you couldnt take it in a bad way.I take on board all that you have said. Agreed the sky is pants in the pano number1. I did exspose for the sky in the 5 images taken so there is no blown highlights in the raws but obviously the foreground is dark so when I processed the raws I brought the foreground up and lost detail in the sky :-( to be honest though the sky was not that good.Shame about 3 as I liked that and the rain photo best :) I seem to prefer colour images but do see where you are going with the gritty feel.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Am more than happy to help further and maybe a double edit would have helped the pano. Feel free to critique any of my work on my fb link. And anythink i cn do to help i will

Back