Few more from my visit to the Lakes

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Two for me as said love the way the cloud has draped itself over the hillside.

wow them clouds on number 2 are fantastic.

A very strong set of images. 3-4 are the weakest. The mono looks flat and I suspect the colour may be the one to have. 3rd is a bit shaded, needs some more light coming in. Others are IMHO beyond reproach.

Brilliant set Graham, #2 is a stunner but for me its the mono stones,

Geoff

Great pictures but the first two in particular are really special. The light and weather system in the second is stunning.

#2 is an absolutely wonderful image, normally I don't like added borders but these really work with your images.

lovely images, #2 looks like a tidal wave of cloud.

All are stunning images that I wish I had taken, howvever the 2nd is my pick just stunning

:plus1: Stunning shot.

Two for me as said love the way the cloud has draped itself over the hillside.

Amazing sky in No2. Nice set of images.

wow them clouds on number 2 are fantastic.

A very strong set of images. 3-4 are the weakest. The mono looks flat and I suspect the colour may be the one to have. 3rd is a bit shaded, needs some more light coming in. Others are IMHO beyond reproach.

Superb set Graham

Brilliant set Graham, #2 is a stunner but for me its the mono stones,

Geoff

Great pictures but the first two in particular are really special. The light and weather system in the second is stunning.

#2 is an absolutely wonderful image, normally I don't like added borders but these really work with your images.

Thank you very much everyone for all the comments/feedback, wish I could say #2 was pre-planned but just happened on the scene on route to somewhere else.

I'm going to join everyone else and say that number two is my favourite as well. I think number three is great compositionally, but both might be just a smidgen high on contrast for me. Wonderful photos and great set (y)

Number two for me...the drama !!

Thanks Rory

I'm going to join everyone else and say that number two is my favourite as well. I think number three is great compositionally, but both might be just a smidgen high on contrast for me. Wonderful photos and great set (y)

Thanks Carl appreciate the feedback.

#1 and #4 for me. OK #1 is the classic shot we've all seen but this one is certainly up there amongst the better ones. A few weeks ago I spent sunrise and sunset up at Castlerigg - it's certainly a great location. Your mono conversion has been excellently handled and a feeling of depth from the use of a powerful sky. Nice set.

#1 and #4 for me. OK #1 is the classic shot we've all seen but this one is certainly up there amongst the better ones. A few weeks ago I spent sunrise and sunset up at Castlerigg - it's certainly a great location. Your mono conversion has been excellently handled and a feeling of depth from the use of a powerful sky. Nice set.

Thanks Peter, first time for me at the boathouse and there is something magical about the stones

Great set and yes 2 is amazing with the cloud, now I am far from an expert when looking at no1 I felt my eyes all over the place as it quite busy with the sky and reflection maybe a bit more on the right side? having said that I like it very much and would have loved to have taken it, so ignore me :)

Wow, Graham stunning stuff (Was confused as you have changed your avitar:), seem the time of year for it!)
I have to say such a beautiful set of scenes, i am intrigued by the PP, as these images really jump out at you.
I was going to say that number 2 was my pick but i love 1 and 3 too! and 4 and 5.... a truely inspiring set Graham, i bet you are really glad you made the trip.
That cloud in No2 is fantastic and the contrast, colour and clarity in the trees running down to the lake is cracking.
Waterdlath looks a lovely place great texture in the stonework. a great location.
A great picture of the boat house, obviously a well photographed location but this is one of the greats, beautiful cloud and reflections coupled with mist and excellent light, a real stunner!
Love the standing stones, great contrast! and again great clouds.
Ullswater really subtle colours and reflections, very calming and serene photograph.

What a beautiful and very well exposed set! Brillent compostion, you must be really please.
Very well done!

Great set and yes 2 is amazing with the cloud, now I am far from an expert when looking at no1 I felt my eyes all over the place as it quite busy with the sky and reflection maybe a bit more on the right side? having said that I like it very much and would have loved to have taken it, so ignore me :)

I know what you mean about 1 Rob, its 5 frames stitched together and unfortantely I dont have any more to go on the right side I should have shot some more that side.

Wow, Graham stunning stuff (Was confused as you have changed your avitar:), seem the time of year for it!)
I have to say such a beautiful set of scenes, i am intrigued by the PP, as these images really jump out at you.
I was going to say that number 2 was my pick but i love 1 and 3 too! and 4 and 5.... a truely inspiring set Graham, i bet you are really glad you made the trip.
That cloud in No2 is fantastic and the contrast, colour and clarity in the trees running down to the lake is cracking.
Waterdlath looks a lovely place great texture in the stonework. a great location.
A great picture of the boat house, obviously a well photographed location but this is one of the greats, beautiful cloud and reflections coupled with mist and excellent light, a real stunner!
Love the standing stones, great contrast! and again great clouds.
Ullswater really subtle colours and reflections, very calming and serene photograph.

What a beautiful and very well exposed set! Brillent compostion, you must be really please.
Very well done!

Cheers Steve thought it was about time I put an avitar up.

Most of them processed in LR and in the case of 1, 2 and 4 aslo used Nik collection. 1 is 5 shots stitched together and. 2 is 3 images blended together.

Waterdlath is a lovely place its at the end of a dead end road it consist of a few buildings and a lake. Add in the fact the cafe serves a lovely milky coffee :)

great clouds on #2, like #4 too! nice

Thanks Drew

Cracking set graham !

Cheers Wull

Really nice work and processing mate!

1 and 5 are lovely, well done. 2 is verging on over processed for me, if you use photoshop and are doing strong contrast increases then do them in a luminosity layer and it will not affect the colour. Perhaps that is what has made the clouds too blue for me personally...

Beautiful shots!

Thanks Andy

Those are lovely. Fantastic part of the world.

Thank you ad it is a lovely place

Love the 'waterfall' of clouds on #2, great capture.

Cheers

1 and 5 are lovely, well done. 2 is verging on over processed for me, if you use photoshop and are doing strong contrast increases then do them in a luminosity layer and it will not affect the colour. Perhaps that is what has made the clouds too blue for me personally...

Thanks for the tip Craig still learning when it comes to p&p and everything else come to that.

Amazing pictures. Love number 1.

Cheers Chris

Back