Ffordes Now Wont Honour Warranty

There you go,just adds more fuel to the fire.:bang:

TBH your situation sound's VERY isolated so I hope this thread doesn't put people off using them as I had a great experience and know plenty of others who also have.

Then perhaps they should comment, or remain silent and hope it passes.

Sounds not unlike the service I received but with a lot better ending . I purchase a second body - Nikon D70s £199 about 5 months ago from Ffordes Photographic about 3 weeks ago it started playing up were it will not switch off , I returned it to them under there 6 months warranty . I got a receipt saying it was in for repair but two weeks later had heard nothing ,so I phoned they said that they had just put in a New system for repairs and they were having some starter issues they would phone me back , they didn't . so I phone again and and managed to get straight through to the Ass manager , he took my number even and said he would phone me back , I said I would rather hold on as we had been here before but I did . He phoned me back about 2 hours later and said that the camera had a main circuit board fault and they were trying to locate a refub board or another camera to replace it with , I said that if they were going to replace it they had to be with one that was in the same mint condition as I had . One week later I contacted the Ass Manager he said to me to send my charger back and any accessories I got with the camera , they have now sent me a cheque for the full value I paid for the camera 5 months ago . Over all I would say there original help , Knowledge in buying the camera was fantastic , there service on warranty repairs they just don't keep you up to date but they say they have a New system in place and hopefully this will help in the future ? the end result perfect as I have just purchased a used D90 from them .

I have bought many items from them and never had any issues. Then again, none of the items I have bought from them have ever failed.

Their new website is AWFUL so I won't be checking what they have as regular as I used to and doubt they'll see much business from me now.

Their new website is AWFUL so I won't be checking what they have as regular as I used to and doubt they'll see much business from me now.

:plus1: on the new Website, a bit of a mistake in my view too...

I disagree totally, I think the new site is very quick and friendly.

I browsed through to used Cannon lenses in literally seconds, the used/new tick boxes update the table content dynamically and sortation by all fields.

What issues are you having - or is it just an aversion to change?

Top marks (well for the website anyway)

I browsed through to used Cannon lenses in literally seconds, the used/new tick boxes update the table content dynamically and sortation by all fields.

Just been back on, it has changed.
When I was on before the menu on the left was not nearly as well organised.
Seems a lot better now.

Just my opinion, no need to take it so personally. :nono:

lol, wagging fingers :)

It wasn't personal - just hit a work nerve - in my day job I do IT and the number of people who complain because something has changed without even trying (or even seeing it - just hear about it from someone else) is astounding.

lol, wagging fingers :)

It wasn't personal - just hit a work nerve - in my day job I do IT and the number of people who complain because something has changed without even trying (or even seeing it - just hear about it from someone else) is astounding.

I had tried it as I presume had Beagletorque.
When i went on it the first time, it was as if every option on the menu was expanded so it was very difficult to find the section I was looking for.
Went on it later and it was a lot more organised, teething problems with the new setup I'd guess.

I can't imagine how their new site could be worse than their old one!! New one is much better. Old one's order process was also awful. I'm going to be poor if they take paypal though as it is sooo easy :)

Websites are not cheap and it shows that they are wanting to stick around invested in there future , I can see by some items going on now secondhand have three pictures instead of one and a bit more information so this will save me phoning . I Emailed them to say that I didn't like that if you wished to go from page 7 back to 6 it went back from 7 back to 1 but gone nice Email back saying that the would look into it and discuss with there web developer . So if you like or dislike I would Email and let them know then they might do something about it , my email was from alistair

Back