FIA 2014

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
It's that time of even-number-years when a parade of noisy aircraft distract me from my spreadsheets, and I go and take photos instead. These were all taken on either Monday (off-site) or Tuesday (when I spent the afternoon at the show).

With the F-35 no-show, it's been a two horse race for best fighter aircraft and I've definitely enjoyed the European hardware more...

Typhoon Takeoff
by Paul Whitbread, on Flickr

Heat

F/A-18 Take-off

I'm not sure you could accuse it of being a pretty aircraft, but I have an unexplained soft-spot for the A400M so I was glad to see it turning up again.

Airbus A400M

Airbus A400M

As for the A380...

Face full of dirt

I took some photos yesterday but not sure I got much. At the weekend I'll hang around outside the site and try to photograph some of the weekend-only stuff that starts displaying tomorrow.

some nice shots especially of the euro/typhoon, tried some today from south wood pavilion but not to keen on them, hope to do better on sunday when I go to the show, using a Canon 100-400mm that have hired for the weekend, would a monopod help me ? hopefully being closer on sunday may improve my attempts .

I'm not sure I'd ever head to South Wood Pavilion. If you aren't going to pick up a ticket, join the crowds that dot along the western end of Elles Road. You're a lot closer to the airfield and you'll get more of them overhead for longer.

I was expecting to watch from outside today, but I managed to score a free ticket from work. Despite the predictions of a wet Saturday, it ended up being very hot and sunny.

Typhoon by Paul Whitbread, on Flickr

Spitfire by Paul Whitbread, on Flickr

F/A-18 Take-off pt 2 by Paul Whitbread, on Flickr

Lockheed Super Constellation by Paul Whitbread, on Flickr

If the weather forecasts end up looking okay again, I'll be back for a third bite.

Back