FIA GT3 2008 Round 1 - some pics from Friday at Silverstone

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

WOW !!! What can I say, the FIA GT series is go for 2008.

Today was the turn of the GT3 and GT4 cars to head out on track, took my new camera and got loads of pics, still working through them but thought I would share a few.

I am back at the track tomorrow for the GT1 and GT2 practice sessions can't wait to see the big boys out on track.

Morgan Aero 8 - these sound phenomenal

IMG_1054c.jpg

Quite a few F430's out today

IMG_0659c.jpg

IMG_0665c.jpg

IMG_0807c.jpg

Aston Martin DBRS9's six of these running in total

IMG_0698c.jpg

IMG_0908c.jpg

IMG_1028c.jpg

Ascari's making a welcome return for 2008

IMG_0701c.jpg

IMG_0744c.jpg

Porsche 911 - new GT3 Cup S for 2008

IMG_0672c.jpg

Continued below:

IMG_0937c.jpg

Ford Mustang's and also Ford GT's will race again in the 2008 series

IMG_0692c.jpg

IMG_0872c.jpg

Jaguar XKR GT3

IMG_0738c.jpg

IMG_0947c.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardos inc two from Tech9

IMG_0725c.jpg

IMG_0857c.jpg

IMG_0863c.jpg

Dodge Viper

IMG_1171c.jpg

Finally one from GT4. 2008 sees the debut of the new KTM X-BOW, this things have to be seen to be believed. Amazing and look like great fun.

IMG_1668c.jpg

More to follow from me soon inc loads more from GT4.

Hope you like the pics.

Regards

Tim

Nice set of pictures. :)

A bit more variety of composition would have been nice, but I know once you get a good position it is hard, and sometimes not possible to move. ;)

It is good to see a good variety of cars. The GT40 is a welcome surprise, and that KTM looks mad, and something totally different. I hope to see these on TV at some point.

Some great hardware out there, the compostions is a bit static but I think the variety of machines makes up for that :)

Wow, theres some nice metal out there! Could do with a few more angles but lovely shots all the same. You liking your new camera then?

These are some very nice shots :)

Where you at the Abbey or Bridge chicane?

Cheers
Stephen

A fine collection of shots, and has already been mention, a little variation would have been cool.

Keep em coming... and I'd like to rty the KTM. :)

Guys,

Thanks for the comments.
I understand about the composition being abit the same but I really like that location so I did spend a while there.

Have about 3000 other pics to work through from yesterday and today, and many of these are from different locations.

Will post a selection when I get chance.

Regards

Tim

very good shots there.

Nice set of photos there! (y)

Back