Critique Fields around Coombe Gibbet.

Name
Jules
Edit My Images
No
Ok, so as I have been having a look at everyone else's photos and putting in mFields by JayEssKay, on Flickry unqualified penny's worth, I thought I should post one in return.

Interesting. The horizon isn't level but I like the layers and it took me a moment to spot the pheasant. You can see the sun was low due to the shadows but it appears a little cold. I'd have thought the sun would produce a warmer image. A lower viewpoint may have increased the separation of the trailer, though you'd have lost the bird then unless you moved.

It seems my comment on the picture actually got mixed up somehow - makes for interesting reading though ;) Thanks for your comments Byker - I did try to straighten the horizon but somehow it didn't quite work, I don't know if it's because it drops off to the left that it looks wonky. You are right about it looking cold although it was evening, I noticed that myself and tried to warm it up a bit in pp but the results were all less than satisfactory, I ended up losing the far distance which was something I didn't like. I couldn't go any lower because there was a fence in the way.

Last edited:
That's a really nice view, and your cropped version gives a much stronger composition. I would lift the levels slightly though.

Back