Film Challenge 33; Colour! Discussion thread

Might do this to finish roll of vista off that has been lurking in the camera since last year.

Typical! Now that I've started deving my own B&W I thought I'd get to enter a challenge again . . . ;-)

I guess this is my excuse to shoot the Velvia in the fridge. I'll just have to make an effort to get it processed this month.

Suits me as I'm a colour film man (n) and easy to convert to B/W for comparison in PS. h'mm now where is my Union flag :D

Last edited:
Here is where you can rib me for my choice of challenge........

Mark, I think it's a great summer challenge, and might also be interesting in the depths of winter. Just one suggestion; should the other thread be renamed to indicate it's the entries thread? Or have I misunderstood again?

I did actually try and edit the title yesterday but couldn't see where to do it! I opened the edit box and it let me see the body of the message but not the title. As there are two pinned threads and this one says Discussion I gave up and hoped that everyone would assume the other was for entries.

Mark

I did actually try and edit the title yesterday but couldn't see where to do it! I opened the edit box and it let me see the body of the message but not the title. As there are two pinned threads and this one says Discussion I gave up and hoped that everyone would assume the other was for entries.

Mark
If you go to the entries thread you'll see a "Thread Tools" button top right, click on that and choose "Edit Title" (y)

Good challenge for this time of year, planning some ideas, all I need is some time!

I didn't set an end date as we never seem to stick to them! So in the interests of including as many as possible I will post a nudge in a few weeks and see how everyone is fixed.

Mark

But, but... if I don't have an end date, how will I know it's nearly too late and I really must get out and shoot something, oh no.... :runaway:

Can it be a recent photo or one taken after 1st of July?

As it has been nearly a month I thought a gentle nudge to the top might be appropriate!

Anyone have anything in the pipeline?

I have a couple of ideas - something should be ready in a week!

Mark

Oh blimey I actually have something and forgot to post it. I shall do so this very evening.

Well I might now struggle as I am almost cameraless!

My XD11 shutter speeds started playing up in Le Mans, my Dynax 9 lost the shutter button (luckily I found the button and the little tiny spring on the floor) and yesterday on the beach in Whitstable the Hasselblad jammed!

Delivering all three to Miles Whitehead this morning.

So now all I am left with is an Olympus XA3 and today is the first day of the week long Whitstable Oyster Festival! Rotten timing......

Mark

Is there part of the Oyster Festival where tourists are invited to try and open an oyster with a very sharp knife, the one who has most fingers left at the end is the winner?

No, week long and lots, live music, oysters, beer, shucking strictly by professionals only though!

Lots to photograph......if you have a working camera......

Took my Velvia to Express Imaging in Cardiff. I really should have asked them before-hand if they did E6 in-house . . . no point going back in three days to collect it when I could just send it off myself and save myself a train journey. Off to the spreadsheet now to find out who's cheap.

Took my Velvia to Express Imaging in Cardiff. I really should have asked them before-hand if they did E6 in-house . . . no point going back in three days to collect it when I could just send it off myself and save myself a train journey. Off to the spreadsheet now to find out who's cheap.

I've used AG, Club 35 and CC Imaging for E6. Good results from all of them. But I had scans as well.
All pretty slow.
It seems that Peak Imaging are the speed favourites if you scan your own.

Ok, Hasselblad now back with me and a day trip to see this fabulous poppy installation at the Tower tomorrow so there could be an imminent entry from me!

I am also taking Josh (@Joshstedders)and am happy to share the Hasselbad (his XD11 isn’t back from Miles yet) so there may be two for the price of one......

Mark

Right, I'll be out on Saturday morning looking for something, hopefully. Unfortunately I'll then have to send off the film with a bunch of others (including my 36-exp roll) so it might be this time next week before I get anything back :sorry:

Mine were posted to Peak yesterday so should be back with me in a couple if days, fingers crossed there is something worth posting in there. I developed my B&W roll yesterday so half an entry ready....!

Anyone else have anything in the pipeline? I was going to suggest end of the weekend unless anyone needs a little more time?

M

I've got one that might be suitable, is ittoo late to enter? Cant submit it til tomorrow

Mine will not be back until tomorrow at the earliest and I think Dean may be waiting for the postman too so you have plenty of time Mads.

Anyone need more than say Sunday night?

Mark

I finally have my shots sorted so I'll get them up before the weekend.

I was planning to close this one today unless anyone needs any more time?

Last call ............

M

Go ahead without me, I still haven't sent off the films waiting to be developed and it'll be a few days turnaround when I do anyway.

I am scanning tomorrow,so I will post tomorrow as well.

Sorry,work stop me in my tracks,no entry from me I am afraid.:(

Well, mine is last and I cannot upload from here, will upload tonight and post a poll.

Mark

Back