FILM CHALLENGE 36 - Revolution - Discussion Thread

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, after some in depth discussions and the forming of a steering committee, we ran a few ideas up the flagpole, did some blue sky thinking and Simon and I (mainly Simon tbh) came up with this... REVOLUTION...

So your interpretations on this theme, lots of scope I think for many different thoughts and ideas.

Andy

Interesting...

Good choice guys, lots of opportunities for different takes on the theme.

Now don't go around encouraging Brian to tell us things... we'll be here all day. :D

Thanks for getting this going Andy.

Can I make a little suggestion folks?

With a tie there's a bit of uncertainty over who does what. Fortunately, Andy and I found it easy to reach an agreement. Once his face was reduced to a pulp from my ferocious soggy oatcake onslaught he saw my point of view. :D

Might it be better though if, in the event of a tie, the challenge setter made a casting vote.

Just throwing the idea out there for consideration.

Closing date? A bit more on the "rules" for completeness?

I think in future if there is a tie that it should be settled by a best of three 'rock, paper, scissors' challenge pm'd to a neutral 3rd party.

Sorry, forgot about a closing date. Shall we say the 16th of January, give people a bit of time as we have the festive season to suffer...sorry I meant enjoy.

The only other rule I think is that the shot must be taken for the challenge

I think in future if there is a tie that it should be settled by a best of three 'rock, paper, scissors' challenge pm'd to a neutral 3rd party.

Anybody remember using the rock, paper,scissors...by saying hic haec hoc before .......when we\I were kids we used to say this and it might have come down from Roman times.....ok side tracking but fascinating (well for me :D ).

Roman times eh Brian.... I new you were getting on a bit but Roman? :D

Great subject,but,as I can never participate due to the rules,for me it has to be The Beatles and the most Iconic Beatle, John.

Good luck you guys a very tricky shoot this one.

I await with baited breath.

Great subject,but,as I can never participate due to the rules,for me it has to be The Beatles and the most Iconic Beatle, John.

What rules stop you Richard? I'm sure we can be a bit lenient, its not like we're playing for money. :D

Roman times eh Brian.... I new you were getting on a bit but Roman? :D

...and back on topic ;)......... the last time we had a tie Mark (or any moderator) chose the winner, so maybe we can agree on that.

Anybody remember using the rock, paper,scissors...by saying hic haec hoc before .......when we\I were kids we used to say this and it might have come down from Roman times.....ok side tracking but fascinating (well for me :D ).

Definitely don't remember that...

Then Again, some of us weren't actually on this earth when the romans were over here Brian.

...and back on topic ;)......... the last time we had a tie Mark (or any moderator) chose the winner, so maybe we can agree on that.

If it comes to a tie again, I'm happy to give a deciding vote (if I've not already voted... I miss doing so occasionally) or pass it into the staff room for a decider. No problem - just @-Tag me in before the poll is closing and I'll sort something out...

" What rules stop you Richard? I'm sure we can be a bit lenient, its not like we're playing for money"

The photograph has to be taken in the challenge time frame and with me that would mean finding the opportunity and I do not just run a roll of film that quickly and then send it for processing and return.this all takes me far to long for me to do the challenge justice.:(

Last edited:
" What rules stop you Richard? I'm sure we can be a bit lenient, its not like we're playing for money"

The photograph has to be taken in the challenge time frame and with me that would mean finding the opportunity and I do not just run a roll of film that quickly and then send it for processing and return.this all takes me far to long for me to do the challenge justice.:(

Oh, I see. Fair enough, but if the opportunity presents itself and the timing is right get stuck in. (y)

I've shot my entry. Trouble is, it's the only thing on the roll so far..

I've shot entries on B&W and colour. (It was meant to be colour only, but then I took the roll out and realised I'd been shooting on B&W all along).

Anyway, I need to get to ASDA sharpish.

I think it wise to extend the closing date for this one. Let's make it next Friday, the 23rd.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

I'm still up to my eyeballs in paint and polyfilla dust.

I have an idea and will try to get it done next week.

I hadn't done mine either but I have just tooken a fillum and will get it devved later today. Not really what I wanted but my grandiose schemes have come to nought so it will have to do.

Shot taken.

First time using multiple off camera flash with the Bronica, and first time using a flash meter.

I'm taking a deep breath before I process them 'cause who knows what I've got?

i'll not be in for this one folks - no functioning chemicals to home dev (and I haven't shot anything yet, so it's not looking like I could turn it around by tomorrow...)

I've got a shot just waiting for the negs to dry but if you want to wrap this up don't wait for me.

I think I have something but I need to take another 16 shots tonight to use up the film so I can develop it and see if I was right!

Time for some experiments with flashing, I think. Which means I can use a remote release to get pics of me at the same time ;)

Ah, I've not had time to shoot anything the last few days... I've not entered one of these in ages.

I'll be devving mine tomorrow so should be up and running by the evening.

No chance for me, there's an undevved XP2 on the shelf waiting for a roll of Vista in the mju II to get finished so as to share the postage costs to Photo Express, and I don't remember taking anything relevant to the theme at all, sorry! :(

@Yv

I've had a bit of a mad few days and haven't had chance to dev the films I shot last week but I'm doing it now. If nobody minds I will pop one up later so if Yv wants to enter its all right by me.

Cheers

Andy

Back