FILM MEET Sunday 7th September RSPB reserve on the Isle of Grain

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title really.

I'm spending the weekend in, what i hope will be a dry if not sunny Kent and have been invited out by my host ( Richard, alias @medwaygreen) to the RSPB reserve on the Isle of Grain.

I believe Richards plans are for an early start ( for us two anyway) to catch the morning light with a view of ending up in the pub early afternoon....I know putting that bit in will stir interest! :D:D

So would anyone be interested in joining us?

Probably a bit too far for me Asha, shame, it would have been much fun.

Andy

Probably a bit too far for me Asha, shame, it would have been much fun.

Andy

:(:arghh: :sulk:But, but but, but....you gotta be there .....or else! :bat:

Too far?? :thinking::confused:...................................I'm travelling 700 miles for nothing more than to see you guys from TP! :wacky::D

True, but 700 miles across France is the equivalent of nearly 4000 miles on the British railway system. It would take literally 9 weeks to get to Kent and the same going back oop north....:(

True, but 700 miles across France is the equivalent of nearly 4000 miles on the British railway system. It would take literally 9 weeks to get to Kent and the same going back oop north....:(
Lmao :D:D

A Bumpety Bump .....No one interested ??

Next weekend?

Sadly it won't be possible for me as I'm moving back to Leeds that weekend!

I don't think I'll be able to make this Asha, are you back in Blighty for long?

I don't think I'll be able to make this Asha, are you back in Blighty for long?

Shame! !

Only staying sat morning until the monday evening and reckon it will be some time before i am there again.

Shame! !

Only staying sat morning until the monday evening and reckon it will be some time before i am there again.

Don't forget to stock up with Kent apples and poundland film before returning to France ;)

Don't forget to stock up with Kent apples and poundland film before returning to France ;)
Lol......already arraanged the quid film.
Kent apples.....hadn't thought of them. I wonder what other delights can be found in Kent. Perhaps just a tiny bit of sunshine??!! Or even a beautiful "kentish" ( is there such a word?!) lady. Lol

Kent is famous for growing hops. No idea what you'd do with them though, maybe you could investigate...

If you could delay your return back to France we are supposed to get some good weather for Sept for photography......something to do with the storm from the Americas going more to the north of the UK (y)

Looking at the météo it appears to be forecast for a reasonable weekend anyway......well reasonable for Kent lmfao

I'm forced to return on thé monday but should it be hot and sunny thereeafter, i'll not be bitter. Afterall if it means you can cycle through thé park without the need for naval attachments to negotiate huge puddles, then that's gotta be a good thing

I might actually be able to make this but it appears you have picked the most inaccessible part of the south east of the country. It looks like the nearest train station is still a good schlep from the RSPB reserve. I'll see if there's any kind of bus service.

I might actually be able to make this but it appears you have picked the most inaccessible part of the south east of the country. It looks like the nearest train station is still a good schlep from the RSPB reserve. I'll see if there's any kind of bus service.

Be cool if you can come!

Had a great day on Sunday with Asha and Richard. The weather on the Isle of Grain wasn't exactly what we were hoping for but we had a good wander round Rochester and sampled some local ale, well I did.
I think both me and Richard will have a selection of shots of Asha pretending to be a photographer with Richard's Hassy :LOL:

Just wanted to say Nick,it was great to meet you and a big thank you for coming so far to see Asha,I know he appreciated the effort and so did I.

We went into Maidstone on Monday via Bluebell hill and finished off some more rolls and Asha purchased some Vista from Poundland.

I have just sent my films to Photo Express and the 120 Provia for Asha to AG.The two rolls of 120 Efke Asa 20 B&W Asha is going to develop at home with some Portra 120 so that will be interesting. :)
Nick, don't forget that we have to post the best three shots of the day in this thread for all to comment on and I will make sure Asha conforms as well, so we know that we cannot come last in our little comp.:D:banana:

Once again,good to meet you and I hope you liked the Pub and it's BEER.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say Nick,it was great to meet you and a big thank you for coming so far to see Asha,I know he appreciated the effort and so did I.

We went into Maidstone on Monday via Bluebell hill and finished off some more rolls and Asha purchased some Vista from Poundland.

I have just sent my films to Photo Express and the 120 Provia for Asha to AG.The two rolls of 120 Efke Asa 20 B&W Asha is going to develop at home with some Portra 120 so that will be interesting. :)
Nick, don't forget that we have to post the best three shots of the day in this thread for all to comment on and I will make sure Asha conforms as well, so we know that we cannot come last in our little comp.:D:banana:

Once again,good to meet you and I hope you liked the Pub and it's BEER.
Good to meet you too Richard, was a good day even if we didn't get the sun breaking through the mist on the marshes like we'd hoped. That disappointment was diminished by the consumption of some very nice beer in Rochester.

Last edited:
I think both me and Richard will have a selection of shots of Asha pretending to be a photographer with Richard's Hassy :LOL:

Thanks for meeting up with us Nick......it was good to see you ( when i remembered to lower my view to 4ft midget leverl! :D:D)

I may have looked the part with Richards Hassy but what with fear of breakng it related camera shake, it'll be a miracle if any shot comes out without blur! :D

QUOTE="medwaygreen, post: 6465280, member: 13744"] [ a big thank you for coming so far to see Asha,I know he appreciated the effort and so did I..[/QUOTE]

Well it made the numbers up....

to two and two thirds!! :D:D

QUOTE="medwaygreen, post: 6465280, member: 13744"]

.[/QUOTE]

The EFKE rolls are semi stand developing as i type this in a solution of LC29;)

QUOTE="medwaygreen, post: 6465280, member: 13744"]
Nick, don't forget that we have to post the best three shots of the day in this thread for all to comment on and I will make sure Asha conforms as well, so we know that I cannot come last in our little comp.:D:banana:
.[/QUOTE]

Ammended that for you Richard! :p:D:D

Nick, I am ready to post my three,but, this time I am not going to be first. How are you getting on? :)

Don't tell Asha.

Nick, I am ready to post my three,but, this time I am not going to be first. How are you getting on? :)

Don't tell Asha.

Ahem.....i av ears everywhere:D

I need my E6 results to give me a fighting chance of having something worth posting......mindst you if the portra content is anything to go by i may as well conceed defeat now!:D

^^^^^^^^^^

Are they the E6 results that are coming to you through me,if so,forget it.:) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :)

^^^^^^^^^^

Are they the E6 results that are coming to you through me,if so,forget it.:) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :)

So that's why you offered to dev em......to hold em back from me so you av a chance of coming second place to Nick! :mad::D:D

Nick Who?

Who?

I'm right here you know :wave:

Asha,Nick, who is going to post first? :D

YOU!!! Lol

I've only just received the negs today ( thank you Richard for sending them into me), so i need time to scan ...lots on, but i'll see if i can get my 3 posted tomorrow.

OK so "tomorrow" didn't happen. Lol

As it is i have devd some other films which means a scanning session real soon is inévitable.....watch this space

Quite like them Nick........Good to see that you have taste when it comes to selecting some one as subject matter :)

Thanks Asha, unfortunately both my shots of the bench and castle were ruined by some bloke trying to work out how to use a Hasselblad!

Back