Film Photo Challenge 01 ARCHITECTURE (POLL NOW OPEN!!)

Plese vote for favourite image

• post 3 - the big yin

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • post 5 - liam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • post 6 - andysnap

• post 7 - stingernikon

• post 9 - puggie

• post 10 - raglansurf

• post 11 - joxby

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • post 12 - mustanir

• post 13 - ambermile

• post 14 - ped

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • post 15 - medwaygreen

• post 16 - musicman

• post 18 - mohain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, I have decided to start this thread so I will take the stick if we all get told off :D

The challenge is on ARCHITECTURE

Guidelines

• Has to be taken between 14/08/10 and 11/09/10
  • Has to be on film (any format)
  • You are allowed one entry but you can change it

There are some great building images on the "shows us yer film shots" at the moment if you want some inspiration.

I think it would be good to have a discussion on here as well as the images so it is more likely to stay in the correct section but we could start a discussion thread as well....?

Get shootin....
(y)

Last edited:
I'd go for a seperate thread for chewing the fat in Liam, else the pics may get lost!

... and so BY's not out on his own... this from Norwich with the C35 EF3, looking into the city over the old city wall.

***removing this one and posting one that was taken for the comp down the page a bit :D

Last edited:
And so your both not on your own :)

img381.jpg

Canon Ae-1 / 50mm / Kodak Tmax 100
St Pauls, London

Well now, they say threes a crowd so what's four then.

4972189480_ff3b3310b9_b.jpg

Quimper Cathedral and nearby street in Brittany. Ross Ensign 16-20 and Kodak 120 black and white ASA 200 film.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:
Now...I've got a problem. I'll be shooting plenty of architecture in the next few days, but it won't be processed for a week or so as I'm on holiday. Can I still qualify as long as it's taken before Saturday 4th?!?

Just making up the numbers, but happy to be here :)

CNV00005.JPG

Guildford Cathedral, Pentax Spotmatic F, 35mm f3.5 (I think, might have been 50mm f1.4), Kodak BW400CN, process+ scan by Jessops

Last edited:
4954769508_c4773d3f7d_z.jpg

Canada Square, Docklands. Zorki 4-K, Jupiter 8 5/20 lens, Kodak Color Plus 200 film, processed and scanned to CD by Tesco Twickenham.

Shame they don't clean their glass roof :crying:

Here's one from Turkey taken with the Hexar AF that I actually bagged with this competition in mind...

9-6-2010_007-800.jpg

OK, it's not in the middle (or straight either) but that's how it hit the scanner.

Here's my entry. Robin Hood's Bay in Yorkshire. These little houses used to have secret doorways and hatches to enable smugglers to hide loot and get it from the bay to the road above. I thought the mixture of material on this building and the weatherbeaten look really suited film, kind of warm and classic.

Cheers
ped

4935126045_0ce003c2d9_z.jpg

Taken 4th sept, Nikon N90X Fuji Superia 200asa.

56280013HastingsC.jpg

Last minute entry, shot 1st September it's taken me this long to get it scanned.

Curves and Lines by cybertect, on Flickr

Canon A-1, FD 135mm f/2.8, Boots 200 slide film (somewhat expired as I discovered after I'd taken it out of the camera).

Last edited:
delta01a.jpg

This isn't the one I was going to post but had a last minute change of heart. This was taken the week before last. Delta 100 on Diana F+. sorry for the late post!

wow, its like 50's si-fi with flying cars and the Jetsons...:cool:

Cheers YV, and thanks for starting this off Liam - an excellent idea, and just the thing to get me thinking, and shooting more!

Pity I didn't get my finger out for this one :(

I can't choose between some of these shots here - all excellent, though (y)

Have to say, I was hoping for a Multi-Choice poll as in the POTY competitions, as there were probably 6-7 that I liked. Still, maybe thats something to consider for next time's :)

It was hard work picking just 1. They all have merit in different ways and I found it quite difficult to decide.

Andy

Can't we have joint winners...as I just can't separate five and it would be unfair to do eenie meenie miny moe

Pity y'all didn't say that at the start :LOL:

Next time maybe but I suspect it's too late for this one. Not even sure how you can do it in php tbh? Can assign three votes each I think but not 1st, 2nd and 3rd? I could be wrong though.

It was a struggle to choose but I seem to be on the same wavelength as quite a few of you :)

Pity y'all didn't say that at the start :LOL:

Next time maybe but I suspect it's too late for this one. Not even sure how you can do it in php tbh? Can assign three votes each I think but not 1st, 2nd and 3rd? I could be wrong though.

It's definitely possible to do a multi-vote poll Arthur - the POTY has one every month, where you can vote for one, all, or anything in-between.

Yeah, but not restricted to only three I suspect?

So - the poll's closed - Looks like you won then Jox :LOL:

Did I miss the tearful acceptance speech where he thanked his Dog Psychologist and Reiki Practitioner then ???

oh...:confused:

ehem....

It gives me great pleasure to read all your kind comments and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved with the production of "joxby shoots architecture", to include Liam who chose the theme and the building itself, for existing.
I also offer a special thank you to all them there crystals (and they know who they are) who worked tirelessly to arrange themselves on the film in a fashion I approve of.
Without the above contributions this collection of oddly composed building bits couldn't have been made.
I thank you *bows*

:D

*spit polish trophy aaaaaand.......exit: stage left*

... not forgetting that you get to set the next theme :D

Back