Film Photo Challenge 13 Winter Discussion Thread-Last Call

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Film Photo Challenge 13 "Winter" Discussion Thread

This thread is for all your chat about the challenge.

I've stickied the entries and discussion threads - I've also put a reminder in my diary to get off my harris and take something for this one - hopefully a few others may just do the same.

It's not fair, I've a couple of films to finish, and I've just finished work for some holiday and it's all gone warm again!

Where's all the cold weather when you want some?

Where's all the cold weather when you want some?

Well I was thinking that and might try frost in the morning at a last resort, and for people in London there is winter wonderland in Hyde Park and Father Christmas comes in winter....no excuses guys :LOL:

well - as a keen cyclist, all I need to do is take a picture of my hairy legs to prove it's winter :LOL:

I might have an entry this time around, after dragging the RB to Bavaria for a long weekend with the out-laws. Stopped by security both ways for a bag search.. apparently "proper cameras" have more metal than the "cheap modern, plastic rubbish" so the scanner struggles to see through them.

:LOL: keen MTB and off-dirt rider to be honest Richard - but I've never kept the razor work up in winter - as soon as the long kit is out, the bic can get a rest...

Had a couple of years of minimal mileage, through injuries, but finally got my knee sorted this spring - and pretty much HAD to lose some of the hairy leg bit, due to my leg being held together with Kinesio Tape... that stuff HURTS if you've wooly legs :LOL:

And - mentioning this earlier in the year in the staff room was what got me my current custom nametag :LOL:

Just a reminder that there's just a week left to get your photos in. A very good selection so far but it would be great to see a few more, having said that I haven't got my act together at all, every time I think of going out with the camera it seems to be brewing up a storm and to make matters worse I've got a roll of of PanF loaded in the back :bonk:

Just a reminder that there's just a week left to get your photos in. A very good selection so far but it would be great to see a few more, having said that I haven't got my act together at all, every time I think of going out with the camera it seems to be brewing up a storm and to make matters worse I've got a roll of of PanF loaded in the back :bonk:

Perfect for long night exposures if you've got a tripod. With this winter being so mild, the lack of daylight is one of the few elements left to convey "winter" now the decorations have gone!

Nick of time! I think this is the first time I've been able to take, develop and scan something in the contest period.... Good job it was near the end of a roll

Nowt from me. I haven't shot a roll since November as I still have 3 to develop. Hopefully next time!

Nowt from me. I haven't shot a roll since November as I still have 3 to develop. Hopefully next time!

:nono: Must try harder Jim :LOL:

ach, knew there was something I was going to do this morning...

I'll get onto it in 5 min's ;)

Edit: Multiple Option Poll Added - Vote for one or more shots that you like - poll closes on 21-01-2012 at
12:56.

ach, knew there was something I was going to do this morning...

I'll get onto it in 5 min's ;)

Edit: Multiple Option Poll Added - Vote for one or more shots that you like - poll closes on 21-01-2012 at
12:56.

A bug :thumbsdown:....once you have voted you can't go back and use your 2nd vote :eek:

A bug :thumbsdown:....once you have voted you can't go back and use your 2nd vote :eek:

I knew someone would miss the notice in the thread... Not a bug Brian, just a problem with the nut behind the keyboard not reading the instructions...

Drop me a PM with the extra one's you wanted to vote for and i'll sort it... (p.s. Having access to this option on polling is why I don't enter these competitions any more - someone would be bound to complain if I got any votes that I'd fiddled the voting somehow!)

EDIT: Entries Now Closed: Poll Added above, please vote for your favourite shot (or shots - multiple votes are allowed - though you have to submit multiples in one go!) Poll will run for 7 days, closing on 21-01-2012 at 12:56.

...p.s. Having access to this option on polling is why I don't enter these competitions any more - someone would be bound to complain if I got any votes that I'd fiddled the voting somehow!

I don't think this should stop you taking part, OK if you start winning every month then we might suspect some wrong-doing but til then keep entering :D

:LOL: okaay - if I managed to get ANY votes, people would KNOW i'd fiddled the polling...

I appear to have won :puke: Cheers everyone who voted for me :)

erm..what do I do now? :thinking:

Well done Joe, cracking shot (y)

Well done Joe, a well deserved win with a nice angle on the modern urban winter.

Last edited:
Thanks, Nick & John :)

Well done Joe! (y)

Back