Votes: 3 23.1%
  • RaglanSurf

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit My Images
Yes
Film Photo Challenge 16 - 'Exposed'

A very broad theme this month, but let's see how creative F&C can be with it! Film only but beyond that do your worst.

Photos must be taken over the period of the challenge starting NOW and ending 23.59 hours 19th May 2012 -!-27th May 2012-!-.

One photo per person but you can change it for a better one before the closing date for entries by removing the old photo and posting up the new one in it's place.

This thread is for the pictures only, discussion should be kept to the related discussion thread here.

Last edited:
I'd say this house is exposed.

CNV00008-1000px.jpg

Congrats Nick, now get the next theme organised in time for the film meet! :D

Congrats and I can't complain beating everyone else and coming 2nd :)

Congrats and I can't complain beating everyone else and coming 2nd :)

Yes I believe it was quite a battle for 2nd place :D.....At least you made the effort to participate......Well done

Tbh the ruin in your shot intrigues me ( I like old derelect buildings)....maybe it's worthy of closer inspection/photos?

Tbh the ruin in your shot intrigues me ( I like old derelect buildings)....maybe it's worthy of closer inspection/photos?

Thank you...indeed photographers can create little stories, and my tiny story is:- I go to this derelict farm (I don't think it's very old) every year as it has acres of plum trees and the fruit is left to rot so I just put a few in my backpack to make some delicious plum crumble pie.

The first house from the main road
Tak135reala11000px.jpg

This was burnt down a few years ago:-
Flek-reala51000px.jpg

And the main farm
Flek-reala11000px.jpg

and the plum trees? too boring to show, maybe a close up of a few plums might work better.

Thanks for posting additional pics Brian.

These types of places stir my mind into wondering who lived there, what sort of lives did they lead, what became of them throughout the years, why have the properties been left to ruin etc etc .....

The same applies with old hospitals, workplaces etc ......

In the same way i get similar from the old photography gear that i have wondering who may have owned it ( a professional perhaps!), of whom did the camera take shots ( someone famous perhaps!) what it was like to have been involved in producing images many many moons ago when the process was very much in its infancy.....

Tbh I probably get as much from the history of the equipment and the locations as i do actually taking the shot!

Thanks for posting additional pics Brian.

These types of places stir my mind into wondering who lived there, what sort of lives did they lead, what became of them throughout the years, why have the properties been left to ruin etc etc .....

The same applies with old hospitals, workplaces etc ......

In the same way i get similar from the old photography gear that i have wondering who may have owned it ( a professional perhaps!), of whom did the camera take shots ( someone famous perhaps!) what it was like to have been involved in producing images many many moons ago when the process was very much in its infancy.....

Tbh I probably get as much from the history of the equipment and the locations as i do actually taking the shot!

Well I agree and it would be nice if we had more stories posted here....my hobby once was following my Grandfathers footsteps in WW1 and spent a holiday each year on the Somme in France photographing places as they look now comparing with a print taken in about 1916-1918.
regards

Thanks for the votes and congratulations folks and apologies for the delay I've just got back from working in Wales and have had no t'interweb access for the last 10 days, quite a weird experience.

So give me a couple of hours to bask in the glory of success and then I'll get a new subject posted for the next challenge.

I've just got back from working in Wales and have had no t'interweb access for the last 10 days, quite a weird experience.

So give me a couple of hours to bask in the glory of success and then I'll get a new subject posted for the next challenge.

You mean you actually got out of there :eek:

Last time I visited, I thought I was destined for slavery!:D :D :D

No insult intended to the Welsh or Wales .....tbh i found it a beautiful place and the fact that some areas are ( or at least were) still behind modern progression, it was actually a breath of fresh air away from the "rat race"(y)

Good to have you back Nick.....Would you believe that all of us in F&C did consider contributing towards a prize for you? unfortuanatley we came to realise that our own selfish GAS syndromes took priority over our funds .....sorry pal...better luck next time!:D :D

Back