Film Photo Challenge 18 - "Summer" Discussion Thread.

Tigger.ufo

Lady Penelope
Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the discussion thread for the Film Photo Challenge 18 - "Summer".

Entries should be posted in the other thread.

Heather

Good excuse to take pictures of rain and brolleys out on the high street.

Right going to play along with this one, when is the closing date?

edit: found it.

Last edited:
I have a roll of ektachrome and a nature walk planned for sunday or monday! gotta be vibrant for summer!

I think I will play this time :) I think we are getting summer tomorrow :D

OK, I'm sure this has been discussed before. But shouldn't these challenges (and the "Show us yer film shots" thread) really be in the "Photos from Film" forum? It doesn't seem to get much love!

OK, I'm sure this has been discussed before. But shouldn't these challenges (and the "Show us yer film shots" thread) really be in the "Photos from Film" forum? It doesn't seem to get much love!

Sadly, some of the grumpy old golfbags that inhabit this forum won't set foot outside the F&C ghetto - actually, the challenges SHOULD be in the competitions section, and the mahoosive "show us..." thread should theoretically be in the photo's for pleasure (or whatever Marcel's calling it this week!) area.

But - if we move the show us thread, a) it'll be flooded with "why do you bother with film... it's obsolete innit ??" type comments and b) it was actually set up as a place where you could post film shots without them being subject to critique... if we move it to the "Photo's from film" forum, every shot is open to critique - and believe me, all the critique will hinge around "it's a bit noisy - i'd have dropped the ISO for that frame" or "that's a nice B&W shot, but I'd love to see the original colour version" from our dijikal bretheren...

I think that part of the reason for my getting the green namebadge was so nobody else had to go into the dark smelly place with all the chemicals :LOL:

OK, makes sense to me! Thanks

I tried for critique in the Other Parts of the forum - no luck! Must have been something I said.... :/

I tried for critique in the Other Parts of the forum - no luck! Must have been something I said.... :/

Charlotte - to the best of my searching abilities, you've only opened 2 threads in the crit. areas, and both times you've posted a link to your flickr sets. You'll probably only get proper responses if you post actual pictures - most people see posting a flickr set link as being a cynical attempt to drive "footfall" to your flickr site.

By all means put a link to the set at the bottom of one or two well chosen shots if you wish to show a full set, or chart a time-line/tell a story, but the critique sections ARE actually for showing pictures NOT LINKS :)

Charlotte - to the best of my searching abilities, you've only opened 2 threads in the crit. areas, and both times you've posted a link to your flickr sets. You'll probably only get proper responses if you post actual pictures - most people see posting a flickr set link as being a cynical attempt to drive "footfall" to your flickr site.

By all means put a link to the set at the bottom of one or two well chosen shots if you wish to show a full set, or chart a time-line/tell a story, but the critique sections ARE actually for showing pictures NOT LINKS :)

Ahhh I see. I'll re-do the thread with a couple of choice photos then - cheers for the tip!

2012_R09_Kronsberg_Hill_02_0900.jpg

Dark skies seem to have typified the German (and English, I believe) summer this year :|.

Film: Fuji Velvia RVP 100

Stunning shot Andy.

Brian, that 'orsencart shot is so English it makes my sunburn itch - excellent shot even down to the "slightly overweight" topless dude in the middle distance. Brilliant.

Brian, that 'orsencart shot is so English it makes my sunburn itch - excellent shot even down to the "slightly overweight" topless dude in the middle distance. Brilliant.

Thanks I like it too even though it breaks a few rules of composition and wasn't a shot that was originally intended.
I was using an Ensinor 80-200mm zoom and wanted a shot of the compressed road leading to Windsor castle, then this topless guy walked passed me into the picture WTF, and the time I waited for him get into the distance the horse and cart was getting nearer :eek: and the zoom exaggerated everything.

Errm, has this finished? My negatives are drying and I'll get them scanned tomorrow evening I hope to have something on there. I if so i'll try harder next month and try harder to avoid real life.

Errm, has this finished? My negatives are drying and I'll get them scanned tomorrow evening I hope to have something on there. I if so i'll try harder next month and try harder to avoid real life.

You've got until the 24th, even a few days after if the last one is anything to go by! Looking forward to seeing your pick...

Doh, misread the challenge number as the closing date, too tired bed time.

Doh, misread the challenge number as the closing date, too tired bed time.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing your entry, Steven. Glad to hear you have been busy on this! (y)

Heather

Last edited:
I got dissatisfied with my North Berwick beach scene, so I've replaced it with more of a harvest theme.

If anyone is sitting on an excellent beach shot they had been reluctant to use, now's the time!

Bah. Its between 3, the ones I shot specifically, on nice film,for this have been horribly mangled by my mishandling them. Switching to my back up roll I took the week before with only half a mind for this I've got three I like that fit in different ways. Bah.

Asha I love your photo of the seaside, it has a kind of retro feel in the image that I like.

Just notices that my local boots does 1hr processing (it's the one in the shopping centre in Victoria station) so have dropped it in!

Asha I love your photo of the seaside, it has a kind of retro feel in the image that I like.

Thank you! .......As soon as I saw the scene of the pier, I knew I wanted to capture it and of course it falls just right for the theme of "Summer"!!

Please wait for me. I'm waiting on the postman getting my stuff here from club 35. (assuming they've processed it)

Please wait for me. I'm waiting on the postman getting my stuff here from club 35. (assuming they've processed it)

........don't think there is any rush to put this to the poll yet!

I will just put a reminder post up in case there are any more wanting to join in.

Heather

Back