Film Photo Challenge 19 - 'Back to Work' Discussion Thread

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided this might be a suitable idea as we come to the end of Summer and the main holiday period.

Andy

Decided this might be a suitable idea as we come to the end of Summer and the main holiday period.

Andy

erm what's the difference between going back to work after a holiday and going to work on any other day or weekend :shrug:

erm what's the difference between going back to work after a holiday and going to work on any other day or weekend :shrug:

Maybe there is no difference.

What happens if you've retired and you never go back to work?

What happens if you can't go back to work, due to not having any work due to the unfortunate economic climate?

Is this a discriminatory film challenge theme?

I have no idea what the answer is to any of these questions but I'm just going to go with the flow, attempt to use my limited imagination and try and come up with an entry that fits the brief whether I personally go back to work or not.

And above all, enjoy the challenge :D

It doesn't even need to be a person going back to work, could be an object thats been repaired or turning your back to work (see what I did there?) It's about thinking around the subject and coming up with something unusual or eye-catching. (y)

I might even go into the local town in wet weather and take a shot of a bus crammed with miserable faces :LOL:

I'll sit myself, camera in hand at home ready to capture a facial shot of my Mrs looking kn******d after a days graft when she walks through the doorway!:D

Last edited:
I'll sit myself, camera in hand at home ready to capture a facial shot of my Mrs looking kn******d after a days graft when she walks through the doorway!:D

Now that is a picture I'd love to see followed by the shot of you wearing whatever piece of furniture was nearest to Mrs Asha at the time.

And also, I don't want to be picky but wouldn't that be 'back from work' anyway?

RaglanSurf said:
Now that is a picture I'd love to see followed by the shot of you wearing whatever piece of furniture was nearest to Mrs Asha at the time.

And also, I don't want to be picky but wouldn't that be 'back from work' anyway?

Unless, like my mrs says, it's dealing with him that's the real work heh

Mmmm it's a wonder I don't "wear" furniture on regular basis tbh :D

it's dealing with him that's the real work

Without any doubt she will agree with this and swear it's the reason she is contstantly exhausted,

but hey it's a small price for her to pay to have someone perfect in her life :puke: :D :D

, I don't want to be picky but wouldn't that be 'back from work' anyway?

Probably but sendding her back TO work could be easily arranged....:p

Time to log off before I have this computer desk as a neck brace!!:puke: :LOL:

Nice shot again Mr X, he is indeed getting his back to work :D

Well I've posted an offering ...ended up getting the mrs to co operate .....with the photo anyway! ........although she refused to go "back to work" afterwards and finish the ironing! :D

Just hope it fits the theme.:shrug:

Are there no more entries for this??

Shame if there's only four of us!

Are there no more entries for this??

Shame if there's only four of us!

Three? I'm not seeing your shot :shrug:

edit: your shot has just suddenly appeared.

Last edited:
Give me a moments and I'll get something up.

Just waiting for my shots back from processing and I will have one up as well.

We'll give it another week and I'll post a reminder.

Andy

Last edited:
I've nothing to add just yet, but a small number of possibles in the camera, near the end of the roll. I'd be happy for a short delay!

Should this be ending some time soon?

Still waiting for my bloody pictures to come back so i can enter something....if they don't arrive tomorrow I shall end it all..I mean the competition.

Since it's your challenge I think you can do whatever you like, within reason of course:LOL:

Mmmmm, well I've been promised my negs back tomorrow so I'll give it till midday then close it. I know its dragged on but I really want to put an image in, seems daft to set a challenge and not have a go myself.

Andy

Mmmmm, well I've been promised my negs back tomorrow so I'll give it till midday then close it. I know its dragged on but I really want to put an image in, seems daft to set a challenge and not have a go myself.

Andy

You didn't send them to CC Imaging did you?

No, AG photolabs, first time I've used them. I usually use Club35 but they've been a bit slow of late, however not as slow as AG which is a surprise. I think I shall try Peak next, Rob got his back in 4 or 5 days.

Andy

Posted the film on Tuesday, got it back on Thursday (y)

:plus1: for Peak, always used to use them before changing to my current fave, The Darkroom, posted Monday and back through my letterbox Wednesday morning (y)

I've got to send the rest of my Brizzle pics off tomorrow so I'll give Peak a go this time and The Darkroom for the next lot, god I'm such a slapper....

Negs have finally arrived, just scanning now so the poll should be up by midday.

It says "pick a winner", does that mean one vote only?

It says "pick a winner", does that mean one vote only?

I believe you can pick as many as you like, at least that's what we did last time.

Yep, pick as many as you like.

Wow my entry has won the challenge :banana:

A close running, especially with Nick to hold onto poll position.

Many thanks to all those who voted, particularly those who opted for my shot :p

I think perhaps it was more the take on the theme that i used as against the quality of the shot that got the votes.

I was a little dissapointed with the IQ tbh.

Was taken with my Pentax auto 110 on ORCA 110 film devd in rodinal.

For a 16mm negative, I guess it's not bad but i did have higher expectations from the little subminiature camera.

Just to add that as i don't like flash work, I set the camera on a tripod and shot a longish exposure....good job the mrs can hold a steady posture!!:D

Either way i'm delighted to have won.....first time for me to win a TP challenge!

Now to start thinking of a theme for the next one......how long do i have to come up with an idea??

Back