Film Photo Challenge 20 "COMMUNICATION" Discussion thread

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
OK well I've come up with this theme for this challenge seeing as we are all involved in communication of some description, wether it be people, animals, the mrs or aliens ( one and the same in some cases perhaps??!! lol)

Let's see what interpretations of the theme "communication" you guys can find to put into your film shots.

This thread is purely for discussion of the challenge.....Entries to go here

Last edited:
Excellent choice of theme (y)

So open to interpretation. Let's hope there's plenty of entries.

Yes here's hoping we get plenty of interest....I think the theme covers a broad enough spectrum to allow for quite easy interpretations or for those who wish to make more of an effort, a more imaginative interpretation.

My problem is wondering what to shoot myself!! lol

I don't understand... ;)

What don't you understand Arthur??

If it's Marks post, then if i understand correctly, he's stickied this 20th film challenge to the top of f&c forums and "unstuck" ( for want of a better word!! lol) the previous challenge.

If it's something to do with the theme etc of this challenge, then ask whatever you wish about it and i'll try answer best i can(y)

Hope you're going to join in ....perhaps use one of the cameras out of that parcel you recently recieved from the U.S ;)

Last edited:
Bugger :bonk:

Can we ban all "street" photos of people on mobile phones? ;)

Seeing as it will evidently stuff Nicks idea of an easy entry then i guess we could ban "street" mobile phone shots:D .....Tbh I'm quite happy for you all to shoot/post whatever you wish so long as it falls within the theme but if the majority wish there to be some restrictions on the type of shot then fair enough.

Although there could well be some very easy interpretations to the theme communication, I personally believe that you guys have plenty of imagination to come up with something original.

Last edited:
erm now how can I make the "no U turn" sign interesting...it's only 300 yards from my house :)

excalibur2 said:
erm now how can I make the "no U turn" sign interesting...it's only 300 yards from my house :)

I know a joke about a u turn.

A policeman stops a farmer on a tractor.

Policeman: excuse me sir, did you just make a u turn?

Farmer: turn, I made her eyes water!

(this joke relies on a juvenile sense of humour and reading u as ewe.)

As for my suggested "rule", it was a little joke. ;)

I do hate "street" photos of people on phones!

(this joke relies on a juvenile sense of humour and reading u as ewe.)

As for my suggested "rule", it was a little joke. ;)

I do hate "street" photos of people on phones!

:clap: I've never heard that one.

Crash a petrol tanker into it?

And capture yourself on film communicating with emergency services!!:D :D

:LOL:

No worries re the street mobile phone shots Jim.....probably be innundated with them in the results thread now :D

:LOL: If only I could get a shot of David Cameron with his arms hugging the pole....it would be a winner.

Mmmm not sure if that wouldn't border too close to TPs ruling on politics :D :D :D

Easily resolved.

In the interest of balance and fair play have Cameron, Milliband and that other bloke all hugging the pole. ;)

Please do assure me that the pole will receive appropraite "therapy/counselling" before, during and following this horrific experience it is expected to endure!!:D:D

Got mine up early for a change, having spent a couple of hours trying to get some more light out of the shadows I gave up, though I did rescue the greens and get rid of most of the magenta.

Last edited:
Got mine up early for a change, having spent a couple of hours trying to get some more light out of the shadows I gave up, though I did rescue the greens and get rid of most of the magenta.

It's good to know i'm not the only one who can mess with a photo for ages trying to get from it what i want :D

A nice shot to start the challenge off Steve.......You're getting some good results out of the Ikonta (y)

Its such a nice camera to use, though I have real respect for any one used it and its ilk to photograph children. Must have wasted 5 frames this morning trying to get the wee bugger to look at me... much easier with the Nikon I just turn on the AF assist light and like a moth...

Well seeing as it's me who has chosen the theme, I guessed I best make an effort and post something :D

Having taken another look at the shot, maybe it represents information more than communication :shrug:

I think it may have to change before the end of the month if I can come up with something else :thinking:

Last edited:
Don't forget guys, only one week left on the challenge.......perhaps this weekend offers the opportunity to "finish that roll off", dev and scan so you can post your "masterpieces" :p

I've got an idea I really want to do, but the weather has to be right, at the right time of day, on a day I'm off work. :shake:

Might have to come up with something else.

well - I've a roll of HP5 from the EOS3 to develop, with one or two frames that MIGHT be appropriate. Of course, the real reason for shooting that roll was as a test roll to see if my B&W chemicals still work, before developing the final instalment of the Homeless Holga saga - so there's a distinct chance that the chemicals will be munged, the film lost, and the sum total of my photography for the last 4 months be wasted - but what the heck, nothing ventured eh...

I've got an idea I really want to do, but the weather has to be right, at the right time of day, on a day I'm off work. :shake:

Might have to come up with something else.

Well the challenge is set to end on friday but it could be extended slightly I guess.....wouldn't be the first time. Only fair to extend if people are waiting for labs etc so maybe a suitable day will come up...why not post something else in the meantime and see what happens.......you can always change it before the poll opens.

well - I've a roll of HP5 from the EOS3 to develop, with one or two frames that MIGHT be appropriate. Of course, the real reason for shooting that roll was as a test roll to see if my B&W chemicals still work, before developing the final instalment of the Homeless Holga saga - so there's a distinct chance that the chemicals will be munged, the film lost, and the sum total of my photography for the last 4 months be wasted - but what the heck, nothing ventured eh...

Go for it Mark.......nowt to lose!

Some good entries posted....keep em coming.

I might change mine depending what I get shot tomorrow.....chances are i'll come across nothing appropriate cos i'm gunna be purposely looking!!!! lol

Well the challenge is set to end on friday but it could be extended slightly I guess.....wouldn't be the first time. Only fair to extend if people are waiting for labs etc so maybe a suitable day will come up...why not post something else in the meantime and see what happens.......you can always change it before the poll opens.

Cheers (y)

I'll get something up.

Don't delay for long on my account though.

well - might be a bit of good news for once - the roll of HP5+ from the EOS-3 has been souped, and appears to have some images on it - therefore, it appears that my B&W chemicals haven't gone the same way as my C41 did...

Now, it just remains to be seen if any of the shots are any good... and of course, I'll still have to soup up the roll of 120 from the Homeless Holga - gawd knows when I'll get time for that...

well - might be a bit of good news for once - the roll of HP5+ from the EOS-3 has been souped, and appears to have some images on it - therefore, it appears that my B&W chemicals haven't gone the same way as my C41 did...

Now, it just remains to be seen if any of the shots are any good... and of course, I'll still have to soup up the roll of 120 from the Homeless Holga - gawd knows when I'll get time for that...

Excellent news Mark.....about time something went your way!

:woot: I'm In... :woot:

(it's pants, but finally I've managed to get something in on one of these challenges again... )

I haven't had the heart to participate much in many of the challenges and competitions on here after getting accused of cheating in the POTY earlier this year, but hopefully this MIGHT just get me re-started... no promises of course :shrug:

(it's pants, but finally I've managed to get something in on one of these challenges again... )

I haven't had the heart to participate much in many of the challenges and competitions on here after getting accused of cheating in the POTY earlier this year, but hopefully this MIGHT just get me re-started... no promises of course :shrug:

I know how you feel.... a snitch here wrongfully accused me of something :shrug:

Glad to see you involved Mark.....Hopefully it will give you the lift to do more.......don't let t*****s stop you doing what you wish. If they have problems, it's for them to **** *** (go away:D) and deal with em.

I know how you feel.... a snitch here wrongfully accused me of something :shrug:

Like I said to Mark, don't let em stop you getting what you wish Brian ....not a nice feeling to be accused of something or to be made out you're doing/or done something wrong. Sadly some folk accuse others just out of sheer nastiness....they're not worth getting upset over.

If anyone wishes/needs for this challenge to be extended slightly to get their entry posted then SAY SO ASAP otherwise I'll be opening the poll tomorow!

With all respect to Mark we want to keep the mods out and not invite them in :)

Back