Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Theme for this challenge is to be " ROMANCE/LOVE"

This thread is purely for discussion of the challenge.....entries go here

The challenge is open as of now with a view of ending at 23:59 hours on Sunday 13th January 2013.

Last edited:
h'mm Taking shots of young couples could have your face re-arranged :)

Don't be so negative Brian, some people would look better for it.....

Anyway it doesn't have to be young couples or even people, do not doves bill and coo, are the old not allowed a little romance in their lives? :D
Andy

Don't be so negative Brian, some people would look better for it.....

Anyway it doesn't have to be young couples or even people, do not doves bill and coo, are the old not allowed a little romance in their lives? :D
Andy

It's not the time of the year for the "birds and the bees" :LOL: Mind you about December Robins start taking a girlfriend and feed her food for bonding, maybe I can get a lucky shot of this happening. :shrug:

Come on folks, we just need to think outside the box (Brownie) It's all down to interpretation, we can pretty much crowbar anything into any theme here in f&c. This theme is probably the easiest we've had so far, it's all for the love and romance of film isn't it? :D

Come on folks, we just need to think outside the box (Brownie) It's all down to interpretation, we can pretty much crowbar anything into any theme here in f&c. This theme is probably the easiest we've had so far, it's all for the love and romance of film isn't it? :D

Of course.... I might bend the rules by taking a copy photo (in December) of a romantic photo taken in the past ;) or maybe I could force/bribe my wife to kiss me on the cheek while I take a shot on a tripod or even using a mirror :LOL:

Last edited:
No Andy, I think you are beyond all hope of improvement....:LOL:

It's not the time of the year for the "birds and the bees" :LOL:

I don't think the weather stops the pigeons...

...or dogs ;)

Nor me!!!!:eek: :D :D

maybe I could force/bribe my wife to kiss me on the cheek

You never know Brian, your luck might be in without force or bribes.....it is coming up to Christmas!:D

it's all for the love and romance of film isn't it? :D
:plus1: Well said that man!

Thread for your super cool entries (lol) for this challenge is posted.....linky in first post!

You never know Brian, your luck might be in without force or bribes.....it is coming up to Christmas!:D

...or self portrait of me cuddling and kissing my RB67 :LOL: Well I love money and I've thought of a shot that will have to do. :shrug:

Do the pictures have to have been taken within the challenge period? Got something devved recently but taken in October so I dunno if I can enter it.

Do the pictures have to have been taken within the challenge period? Got something devved recently but taken in October so I dunno if I can enter it.

What do you reckon guys??? ......these yung uns sneakin in through the back door with an old shot:D

I personally don't have an issue with you entering an old shot providing it doesn't upset anyone else.

I would however have thought that there was sufficient time to capture something between now and the end of the challenge......after all that is imo the idea ...to go out during the challenge period and capture a shot of the agreed theme.

I guess you need to grovel :p to the other contenders :D

Last edited:
Burn the heretic!!!!!!!

I'll leave it then. wasn't sure what the usual rules were. I never seem to be able to finish anything in time for these. If I shoot something with a challenge in mind it inevitably is frame 3 on a 36exp which then takes me two months to finish. It'll teach me to get out more...

I'll leave it then. wasn't sure what the usual rules were. I never seem to be able to finish anything in time for these. If I shoot something with a challenge in mind it inevitably is frame 3 on a 36exp which then takes me two months to finish. It'll teach me to get out more...

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

TBH Matt, I have no problem you entering, it's just that it kind of defeats the object of the challenge, which is encouraging us all to get out and shoot film not trawl our archives and find a shot that fits. If that was the case most of us oldies round here wouldn't have to shoot another frame, we could just dig out the big box of negatives from under the bed.

Got the entry thread started with my shot.....it's a bit awwww ish :D

A week to go, Asha, and I've still absolutely no idea of a shot for this one! It's just possible I might get a roll of mono finished in time, but at current rate it's looking unlikely...

A week to go, Asha, and I've still absolutely no idea of a shot for this one! It's just possible I might get a roll of mono finished in time, but at current rate it's looking unlikely...

Tbh I didn't think it would be so difficult for folk to come up with something for this theme.

I reckon the finishing date may have to be changed to give everyone a chance of posting something....Christmas etc can offer some fantastic photo opportunities whilst at the same time being very demanding of peoples free time which is probably a reason for the lack of activity with this challenge.

Bumpty bump......do we extend the closing date for this challenge guys.....perhaps for an additional week??

Longer if needs be......:shrug:

Bumpty bump......do we extend the closing date for this challenge guys.....perhaps for an additional week??

Longer if needs be......:shrug:

OK, unless anyone asks for a longer extension, this challenge will end one week later than orignally planned.....23:59 hours Sunday 13th January 2013

OK, unless anyone asks for a longer extension, this challenge will end one week later than orignally planned.....23:59 hours Sunday 13th January 2013

Phew, that's relief :D

Excellent... I've got a few shots based on a very weak concept and totally rubbish light, definitely need more time!

Jao has entered an old shot.....I don't think anyone has any problem with him doing so, so why not post yours??....

Last edited:
I have already been burned as a heretic twice so I guess, so I guess I am OK with the old shot, but new scan:LOL:

Burned twice and still keeps coming back :cautious: .....I always did wonder if there wasn't something very strange about these "older" :D film shooting veterans :nuts: :D

Burned twice and still keeps coming back :cautious: .....I always did wonder if there wasn't something very strange about these "older" :D film shooting veterans :nuts: :D

Ah but shooting film keeps you young at heart:)

Ah but shooting film keeps you young at heart:)

:LOL: Good job it does summat for us...I notice in the mirror that it dunt help to reduce wrinkles though :sulk: :D :D

:LOL: Good job it does summat for us...I notice in the mirror that it dunt help to reduce wrinkles though :sulk: :D :D

Maybe you need to shoot more moody grainy self portraits instead of using the mirror, hide a multitude of sins :D

Got my cliché in, couldn't think of anything original.

Maybe you need to shoot more moody grainy self portraits instead of using the mirror, hide a multitude of sins :D

Got my cliché in,

Mmmm!! :bat: :D :D

Good to see you got an entry sorted (y)

Last edited:
Someone's entry about cars going through fords not showing for me?

Someone's entry about cars going through fords not showing for me?

Not showing for me either! ...Brian, I believe it's your entry and yes the variation of "love" does work(y).....as with all these themes, it's not always about going for the obvious.....individual interpretation is what makes the challenge interesting.

@ ChrisR......Nothing wrong with your interpretation either ...yung uns (presumably) in love......like you say, such an old building isn't really the best place to advertise their romance but it got you a shot to enter(y)

I can see Brian's entry, only I don't think it is a Ford, it looks more like a Honda:LOL:

Sorry I couldn't resist that, sad I know:D

I can see Brian's entry, only I don't think it is a Ford, it looks more like a Honda:LOL:

Sorry I couldn't resist that, sad I know:D

I got a shot with a tractor, it might be a Ford if they make them :LOL:

Ah Brian's pic is now showing up for me!

Just a little nudge to remind those who may still wish to post an entry that this challenge ends this coming sunday evening!

Back