Film Photo Challenge 22 "Emergency Services 999 / 112 " Discussion thread FINAL CALL!

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I just know you're all waiting with baited breath wondering what crazy theme I'd come up with for the 22nd film challenge:D......I wouldn't want to disapoint by choosing something mundane so here we go with a theme that could well turn out to be quite demanding:eek: :

"Emergency Services 999 / 112"

Basically any take on any of the emergency services is what you're aim is for this challenge.

Just for anyone who doesn't know, the 112 is the european equivalent to the UK 999 emergency number;)

The challenge starts as of now and ends 23:59 Saturday 23rd February 2013.

Please keep all discussion on this thread, the entries to be posted here

Have fun guys.....

Last edited:
Emergency Services 999? Nice one for the guys on the London meet as I'm sure they'll see something :)

We expecting half a dozen entries of the same fire engine from the guys in London today...

We expecting half a dozen entries of the same fire engine from the guys in London today...

Or perhaps a mad rush of TPers to capture a "blues & twos" scene.....all falling over each other barring one who holds back to capture the arrival of numerous ambulances:D

Alas by the time I saw any emergency services I'd run out of film!

Typical, small house fire just across from the office and I'm stuck in here having to do work. Flat has been empty for a while so no one hurt.

Typical, small house fire just across from the office and I'm stuck in here having to do work.

:LOL:....see this is why you're supposed to carry ALL your kit at ALL times:D.....every focal length lens etc to cover every eventuality!!

It's soothing to know that I'm not alone when suffering the frustration of having wrong kit or being in the wrong place when a cool photo opportunity arises:p

Yeah could have got a cracking shot of some one being rescued from one of the flats above, if only I had my super tele with me!

Apparently the woman who lived there is a music teacher, just watched them bring out her stuff including a fire damaged keyboard. Would make a poignant photo but not for me... besides the road is all closed off.

So what is the rule? Always take a (film) camera with you, that is the rule! Went into town this afternoon and when I came out of a shop (looking at "small things" for the film POTY), there was an ambulance sitting there flashing its lights like nobody's business! And no film camera in my pocket...:thumbsdown:

So what is the rule? Always take a (film) camera with you, that is the rule! Went into town this afternoon and when I came out of a shop (looking at "small things" for the film POTY), there was an ambulance sitting there flashing its lights like nobody's business! And no film camera in my pocket...:thumbsdown:

Very rare I'm out without a camera even if it's dark and it don't have a flash unit...how nuts is that !! lol

Still miss shots though as often wrong lens or simply takes me too long to change camera settings.

Just to get the ball rolling, I've posted an "emergency" shot from my first ever attempt at C41 home developing.

Hope to capture a better scene before the closing date of the challenge.

The emergency services are so busy you can't easily get a well-framed shot! Just have to grab one while it's there and hope... on film it's all a bit tricky...

The emergency services are so busy you can't easily get a well-framed shot! Just have to grab one while it's there and hope... on film it's all a bit tricky...

Agreed....I was fortuanate to have a camera on my shoulder set for "street" when that pompier ( fire brigade) vehicle went past with blues flashing.

By contrast there was a much better shot to be had in town a few days ago but by the time i got myself sorted, the moment had passed.

Bumpy bump :D

Don't forget folks, this challenge is set to end this coming saturday!

Decided to change my entry.....not sure why the lady was stretchered down from the top floor of the appartment block by fire engine ladder.....perhaps the "lads" couldn't be a***d carrying her down 7 flights of stairs :D

I shot this near the start of the challenge but I was hoping something more colourful and more fitting would come along but no.

If anyone else is on the verge of posting their entry for this challenge but needs extra time then please let me know before I open the voting.

I'll leave the challenge until tomorrow evening/tuesday morning before sorting the poll.

Poll is open guys...vote for as many or as few entries as you wish.....

Congratulations steveo mcg.....a well deserved win matey closely followed by two valiant efforts in joint second place.....well done to all!

I'm quite relieved not to have to think up another theme for the next film challenge although that relief may be short lived depending what steveo comes up with :eek: :D

Congratulations on a deserved win....looking forward to next round :)

Well done, cracking shot, it's about time somebody else won I don't think Asha could have coped with having to come up with another theme :LOL:

Back