Filters

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Right im a bit thick so was wondering if any body can help me im thinking about getting some filters and think i will go with hitec or lee filters (if i can afford them) but was wondering if someone could let me know all the other parts i need. :D

If its a circular (screw in type) that all you need!

What type of filter, UV, polarizer etc?

Sorry forgot to say looking at nd's and nd grad's soft i think and not screw in type the square ones (i think there square anyway) (y)

You'll need the filter holder and an adapter to attach this to the lens

It's worth checking out Robert White as they offer various starter kits with everything you'll initially need.

They're not cheap but well worth the investment

I have heard the soft is a waste on a digital some technical thing, the hitech hard is softer than others.
I have just recieved my hitech 150mm filters ready to try out on holiday in the scillys.
Would have loved to get the lee especially as in this size they are not far off the lee price, but i got the nd grad speciall which meant i could order any 3 grads i wanted, i got the hard especially as ill be shooting hopefully coastal in 0.6, 0.9 and 1.2.
I then also ordered there 10 stop ND.
I ordered the lee 0.9 pro glass from robert white along with the 10 filter holder. This was purchased solelly as its supposed to cut down on the colour cast you get with long exposure on nd grads on digital.
Im kicking myself for not getting the digital starter set when they still had them in before stock ran out due to all the problems with lee,s machines.
That is a great kit, as you only really need 2 filter holder strips and infact you cant often get away with more on a wide lens, be warned the wide angle adaptor ring is exspensive very in comparison to the standard.
So you need a Filter holder an adaptor ring for the filter thread of the lens you are going to use for your landscape, and whatever filters you will want.
Oh yeah i forgot i got the 150mm which is a bit of a jump from there 125mm in cost but this way you can use the grad as a nd also.

Back