Critique Finally after 6 years I've done it :D

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Pretty much since I first got a DSLR I've wanted to photograph lightening but either promised storms have never materialised or I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time...that or I just damn well had slept through the storm...so in any case finally even if only from my back garden I've got some lighting photos to share...

LIGHTENING 1
by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This second one is a little bit of a composite as I've merged to exposures into one to balance out the frame with lightening on both sides, I don't think that it looks to bad for it, sometimes you see lightening merges and they're so obvious and over the top that it just ruins the image :(

LIGHTENING 2
by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As always comments and critiques are very much welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt

Fantastic effort, I tried last night and ended up with 71 shots of Black with a distinct lack of lightening :crying:
They would look better in the dark but you can't change that.
Fence and door look a little odd angled.

Fantastic effort, I tried last night and ended up with 71 shots of Black with a distinct lack of lightening :crying:
They would look better in the dark but you can't change that.
Fence and door look a little odd angled.

Thanks a lot (y) was the lack of lightening just because it didn't show up in your area or do you think there was a settings issue? When you say in the dark do you mean a dark landscape? As to the door/wall yeah they are very distorted from being right in the very corner of frame on an UWA lens :( and I haven't corrected it as I didn't want to loose too much of the action (y)

As mentioned on Facebook Matt well done for your perseverance with this, You have done well I am really chuffed for you :)

Thanks Mandy, I'm really pleased with the out come, it was worth the wait :D

I was attempting the task through an open bedroom window and the lightening was off to the side somewhat, I had hoped it would move round but it didn't lol.
I should have packed the gear in my car and headed to somewhere more suitable :banghead:

Understand the uw view :)

I was attempting the task through an open bedroom window and the lightening was off to the side somewhat, I had hoped it would move round but it didn't lol.
I should have packed the gear in my car and headed to somewhere more suitable :banghead:

Understand the uw view :)

I came across this website last night that is now in my favourites it's pretty damn addictive it's probably worth you keeping a eye on when the storms are about...

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Back