Finally, Glencoe

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
No
I've always wanted to go to Glencoe and take the iconic Buachaille. It very nearly didn't happen and the weather was probably the worst conditions, it just didn't stop raining from the minute we got there. I nearly didn't even take the shot I wanted but the girlfriend made me sit it out and we literally set up, took a couple of shots and the heavens opened. So here's my effort.

Buachaille Etive Mor
by Kris Price, on Flickr

Glencoe
by Kris Price, on Flickr

Thanks Steve. It's not perfect given the conditions but one day I'll be back. Quite happy that I managed to get something in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

I think with the limitations you describe, these are really strong shots, as Steve said exposure and composition spot on.

Thanks Steve. It's not perfect given the conditions but one day I'll be back. Quite happy that I managed to get something in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

In summer its a great hike up through the scree slope followed by a walk along the ridges, then decending to the river Etive. Plenty of good photo opportunities.

I've always wanted to go to Glencoe and take the iconic Buachaille. It very nearly didn't happen and the weather was probably the worst conditions, it just didn't stop raining

Nice couple of shots Kris

Whilst not the best conditions, If those were the conditions on your first visit you didn't to badly.

Before I finally moved here - I visited Glen Coe (from Warrington) about a dozen times on climbing trips before I even got to see past the end of my nose ;)

Like many locations - if you're just visiting or passing through it's down to luck.

Many thanks fellas. I always think that landscape will be something I will enjoy more in retirement, just haven't the time these days.

Back