Critique Finally... on my 79th visit to the poxy jetty. An image I like!

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
This one needs no introduction, you all know where it is. But I keep going back to try and capture a memorable one that is up there with some of the best and I never seem to get the right light, conditions, or peace. This time Im quite happy... All taken last night.

View attachment 10028

And three slightly different takes on it while we where there.

View attachment 10029 View attachment 10030 View attachment 10031

Nice, are they tea lights that you've used..? Whatever they are, it really works, i really like them, and it will be copied for sure..

Not sure on the wirewool..

Love number one but I also like the lights by the posts - and sorry, I don't know where it is.

If only the clouds were formed a bit better. Overall nice shots :)

Nice, are they tea lights that you've used..? Whatever they are, it really works, i really like them, and it will be copied for sure..

Not sure on the wirewool..

Yeah, used tea lights mate. Was a pain to get a shot with them all lit though as the wind kept blowing them out.

Love number one but I also like the lights by the posts - and sorry, I don't know where it is.

thanks. Ashness landing, on Derwentwater - lake district.

Guess all those visits paid off in the end Stewart, those are beautiful, I think the second one is my favourite, I like the serenity of the scene.

Nice, No.1 is the wall hanger for me, although if I'm really picky I would like some more cloud formations, but hey, you did a great job with what you had on the day.

No 1 for me too.

I take it there is normally a queue. I'm heading up there with a mate this afternoon.

Thanks folks.
Yes, on this visit there was a lady tog on there shooting sunset and she didnt move or offer us a quick shot while we were there so we drove up to surprise view and got a few nice shots from up there...

View attachment 10333

Then decided to take a chance on her having left and drovbe back down and shot the ones above you have seen.
Worked out nicely really because had she asked us to take a shot on the jetty as sun was dropping behind the mountains we would have shot a couple and gone home. Winner.

No 1 for me too.

I take it there is normally a queue. I'm heading up there with a mate this afternoon.

Well by the time we got there its had rained and the sky was just grey. So tried a few different compositions of the bridge and then played around the Jetty.

At least I know where they both are now. It's just a gamble to drive 2 hrs up there when you leave conditions seem ok when you get there its not. Thats part of the fun though

First one is a winner!

Although if I'm being super critical I would have edited out the thing at the end of the jetty to make it more symmetrical.

Had an awesome sunset there once, best ive ever seen with my own eyes... but it was ruined by a horrible big cloud so i didnt ever put any effort into processing them, but here are a couple of them.

View attachment 10509 View attachment 10510

Nice shots Stu.

I think I've found it on google earth, is the road to it public or private it looks very narrow?

Most roads are narrow in the lakes even the A roads.

number 2 for me with the tea lights but there is one missing on the right hand side to even it up and the item on the end of the jetty would be better cloned out.

great pics

mental note to myself i must get out more

I like the third one. Tea lights and person. Adds scale... gives it a slightly mystical feel that parts of Cumbria make you feel at that time in the morning. Adds interest, and sets it apart from other similar images you see of this location. I like it. Out of all of them this has the most emotion for me. First one is technically beyond reproach for me, but somehow the inclusion of the props adds a narrative that I'm feeling more.

I prefer colours from 1 and 3.
Nice place and good photographs.
In last two photographs is to much magenta...to pinky in my opinion...

Back