Fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!

Edit My Images
Yes
So, there is I was chilling out, chatting away when I smell smoke. The girl opens the door to the cellar and there before me was a Towering Inferno. Now, I asked myself, Paul Newman or Robert Redford?

I take 5 mins out to decide whilst flames engulf the surrounding area. Of course, Newman one of the best actors of any generation or Redford, quite possibly one of the best looking men to grace gods earth. Naturally, I decide on Redford due to my inherent likeness within the face.

My heart then sinks. I remember that I had worn odd socks that day.

Nope sorry, thats another story.

I remember that I only had my 300mm 2.8 on me as I was covering a charity Football match for Children in Need.

3 fire engines arrive and once again I am asking myself why even the ugliest man in a firemans suit becomes something of cult hero when they arrive. The women gush. How awful of them.....

At that point think about taking my shirt off to reveal my Max Cady style torso (Cape Fear remake). Of course as there is a mild south west wind I decide against it, would not want to catch a cold. I consider stripping to my speedos but would not want to take someones eye out in the emergency situation.

I start to shoot and realise I have ballsed up only going long lens. Still, live and learn. Ended up with far more 'stock' stuff than Fire action but the paper still take them on request.

I then shoot the football which carried on. I leave with that number. Not the barmaid but that handsome fireman that caught my eye, I think his name was Barry. Well hello sailor (joke by the way) The rest is exactly how it happened.

PT_UN_FIRE121120062.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE121120063.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE12112006.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE121120065.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE121120064.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE121120066.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE121120061.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE121120067.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE121120068.jpg

PT_UN_FIRE121120069.jpg

Is that the barmaid in No4 Pete?

They forgot an adjective for above the door in No7 too. Striking. :boxer:

Right place right time, nice set of shots :)

One little thing though. Through your difficult decision about which persona to adopt you don't mention your exit from the premises. Was this the cool calm casual exit or the oh sh!t the place is on fire I'm outa here :exit:
:D

:LOL: All in a days work by the sound of it (y)

Once again an excellent series.

You always get the good shots.... you have the knack. (what is Jack Nicholson doing in No.2?) LOL :D

If you're doing "26 Things" then I think you have your "Anxiety" shot there! Nice set! (y)

The shots are OK but the story is epic :LOL:

Cheered me up (y) - and the photos are brill too :)

He! he! enjoyed the story & pics Pete but, I noticed a little discrepency regarding the actors you mentioned!
Surely everyone knows that Paul Newman was waaaaay better looking than Mr Redford ..... tis the eyes you know! ;)

He! he! enjoyed the story & pics Pete but, I noticed a little discrepency regarding the actors you mentioned!
Surely everyone knows that Paul Newman was waaaaay better looking than Mr Redford ..... tis the eyes you know! ;)

Actually, I forgot to mention that I decided to change to Paul Newman about halfway through the event. :eek: :D

Back