First anamorphic test

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Especially for @Raymond Lin - the anamorphic adaptor arrived today, here's a quick test of the flaring, a still taken from video. I'm really liking the flaring, the siriu and the like are too blue for what I want to do with it.

lowresNINJAV1_S001_S001_T094.00_00_31_35.Still001.jpg

Especially for @Raymond Lin - the anamorphic adaptor arrived today, here's a quick test of the flaring, a still taken from video. I'm really liking the flaring, the siriu and the like are too blue for what I want to do with it.

View attachment 377748

Nice.

Ideally I want a Silver version of an anamorphic lens in 50mm at 1.8 on FF.

However I don’t think this exists for me….the nearest is f/2.4 I think and that is like £1300…a bit too much as an experiment so I need to compromise on the flare colour and also the mount on APSC instead of E.

Like this Loawa 35 on X mount would be ideal, but T/2.4 is still not as wide as I would like.

Still £1100....

If they come up used for like half that.....that would be cool.

In the end the nanomorph in silver was the runner up. Maybe I'll get one if it generates enough work.

The adapter gives me the flexibility to work with my existing lenses, canon and fuji, and the 2x squeeze with a 4:3 frame on fuji for will give the classic 1:2.39 cinema aspect ratio for stills with a bit to spare. But, it is quite a rig. The camera needs to be mounted on rails with support for the adapter, matte box to shade unwanted light, and kept vertical so likely mounted on a video mount.

In the end the nanomorph in silver was the runner up. Maybe I'll get one if it generates enough work.

The adapter gives me the flexibility to work with my existing lenses, canon and fuji, and the 2x squeeze with a 4:3 frame on fuji for will give the classic 1:2.39 cinema aspect ratio for stills with a bit to spare. But, it is quite a rig. The camera needs to be mounted on rails with support for the adapter, matte box to shade unwanted light, and kept vertical so likely mounted on a video mount.

I don't think I can adapt it into wedding photography, that would mean 1 or a few photo out of the entire set looking off...i am not sure some clients would understand it, some might even ask if I could shoot them all that way AFTER the wedding....that is not a conversation i want to go into. lol Or even before....it would mean shooting the whole wedding in manual....errrr whilst i love a challenge, not that kind of challenge. lol

I am just doing it thinking of a way to photograph my travel, to give it a more cinematic look.

Last edited:
Back