First attempt at HDR. Fountains Abbey

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes

Fountains Abbey by cpuk1983, on Flickr

Recently got back into photography after a break. Still a relative beginner.

Thoughts on this one. I'm pretty happy with it considering my limited ability.

The HDR works pretty well in this, having dealt well with what must have been a wide contrast of light - it looks to need a tweak CCW, though it obviously wasn't constructed with straight lines in mind :D

I think that's a really good go. Beyond the HDR part though, I think the picture composition may be improved by a couple of tweaks. I know the construction is wonky but the picture is too, as can be seen by the floor level at the end. So, perhaps try a slight rotation anti clockwise and straighten out that floor line, then crop out what's left of the doorway on the right. The image then looks super. IMO! If it were me, I may also increase the contrast of the window light patterns leading into the distance, to enhance them a little bit more. That would be me though.

Now you all mention it I can see the wonkiness in the floor. I'd noticed it wasn't quite right but assumed it was just the ceiling. Thanks for the advice I will give it a few more tweaks later and see if I can improve on it.

I like the image, the only thing I think missing from it, would be rays of light hitting the floor, rather than harsh light, so get back out there, early in the morning :D

Nice HDR, subtle and it works.

I like how the corridor is crooked. Overall, the photograph is very atmospheric and the HDR doesn't seem overdone, I like it.

Back