First attempt at heavy image editing/manipulation

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

I decided to try my hand at heavily editing a photo I took yesterday, this is the first time i've tried stuff like adjusting levels/saturation/contrast locally and burning and dodging.

Quick timeline
#1 0EV original shot
#2 -2/0/+2 HDR, corrected perspective in photoshop
#3 levels/brightness&contrast/saturation/colour balance/burning&dodging
(only posting as an external link as its 1200px wide)
Timeline clicky

Final edited shot
MG_9380.jpg

Points I can see about it myself is the slight halo around the building and the grainy polarised sky, i've got it narrowed down to one of the levels adjustment layers but I cant get the effect I want without introducing the polarising. A large amount of the grain comes from this layer but I cant effectively get rid of it either. :bang: :help:

I like that motion blur, it cleans up the sky quite nicely.

Points I can see about it myself is the slight halo around the building and the grainy polarised sky, i've got it narrowed down to one of the levels adjustment layers but I cant get the effect I want without introducing the polarising. A large amount of the grain comes from this layer but I cant effectively get rid of it either. :bang: :help:

How you avoid this is to use layers selections, masks, feathering,burning,smudging ....
This is the guts of PS2, but basically:
- Duplicate the background layer. Select the area you want to work with and convert it to a mask (feather if required). Filters/adjustments etc only apply to the masked area.

It's quite hard to describe without words and pictures... here is a good place to start learning

http://www.dpchallenge.com/tutorial.php

i like it, very good edit too

Back