First attempt with the Olympus

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a little go with my new camera earlier on. Tried to use my triggers but they didn't want to work so had to revert to a flash cord that @sunnyside_up gave me. Worked a treat! :D

Downloaded the O.I.Share app and triggered it via my phone. Great little feature. Camera was precariously balancing on a step ladder with a cord dangling from it to the flash. Was waiting for the moment it fell off and smashed but that never came. Snapped a few shots and I'm relatively happy with this one.

E-M10
25mm f1.8 @ f5.6
1/200
iso 200

Single speedlight on 1/8 power fired through a gridded Lastolite Ezybox Hot Shoe.

Let me know what y'all think!

Olympus E-M10 and 25mm f1.8
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Cheers,
David.

Looks good David am only looking on phone so dark side looks very dark but when viewing on Flickr full size there is plenty of detail in the shadows.

I'm amazed at the outcome from this little camera. The detail and sharpness it captures is awesome.

Take another look when you're on your computer Bryn and let me know what you think. It's not too dark imo, but maybe I'm biased? :LOL:

Thanks for looking mate. (y)

Well framed and spot on focus (y)

They do look very grey on my monitor :thinking:

What's the AF like on your Oly compared to you old Nikon D7000?
Just wondering is it quick enough shooting kids...

Lol Bill. It was a sad time but I'm happy with my trade... I think. Everything is much sharper and seemingly way more detail.

Andrew, I haven't tried it on Lily yet. It's very quick and the end results are more pleasing up to now but I doubt it would keep up with the Nikon. It's the end result I am more interested in and initial trials seem good. AF is more reliable and it has more features than you can shake a stick at. It is incredibly small and well built. It's a very solid lump (the camera... ;) ) too. The iso performance is better than my D7000 which is a bonus!

Yes Andrew, the sharpness is very good but it's the detail they capture that has took me more by surprise if I'm honest. When I look up close at my ugly mug it has captured every last bit of scruffyness.

I had some half decent lenses on my D7k and this seems to have beaten it up to yet.

Need to look into triggers though, not sure why mine didn't work.

Liking the results David.Prefer the lght in the 2nd. Can't comment on camera's as I seldom can tell a differance after a certain level of camera plus when flash is used the 2 camera's i've owned seemed to pick up loads of detail.
Then again i'm a complete amateur so theres time for me to learn from you peeps :)

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. To a certain extent I agree, but there is more detail in these shots than I managed to get with the Nikon I believe. It's hard to explain.
Cool. I believe :)

ps:

Thanks for the recent help on my images (y)

Thanks Gaz. To a certain extent I agree, but there is more detail in these shots than I managed to get with the Nikon I believe. It's hard to explain.

I second that. The detail from these is astounding

You're welcome Gaz. I learned alot from here and still shoot different everytime I do something like this. It's all about trying stuff and seeing what works out. Sometimes I get no shots and others I end up with a few. I'm not in it to make money so there is no pressure but I like to get it as good as I can.

You're welcome Gaz. I learned alot from here and still shoot different everytime I do something like this. It's all about trying stuff and seeing what works out. Sometimes I get no shots and others I end up with a few. I'm not in it to make money so there is no pressure but I like to get it as good as I can.
Couldnt have put that any better :) Same here it's just for fun for me.

Gaz

Back