First effort at low level

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I had done OK until I started looking at what is on Flickr!

14542681497_4e5841060f_c.jpg

14550501760_b8a1fc79c2_c.jpg

3 I know some dont like low level with no terrain but hey-ho
14736858622_76819bffe9_c.jpg

14737167135_f3e9c51c86_c.jpg

And a panorama of the location for reference!
14728851432_29434f5a77_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with those Chris (the GR4 is my favourite) other than your choice of location, Cad West at this time of year leaves everything backlit until mid/late afternoon. Personally I do Corris or Cad East and then move with the light, Corris means 2 climbs though so it depends how masochistic you are. ;) It comes down to personal preference of course but for me it's an area of photography where the shots are hard-won so when I get them I prefer them to be in nice light. :)

Nothing wrong with those Chris (the GR4 is my favourite) other than your choice of location, Cad West at this time of year leaves everything backlit until mid/late afternoon. Personally I do Corris or Cad East and then move with the light, Corris means 2 climbs though so it depends how masochistic you are. ;) It comes down to personal preference of course but for me it's an area of photography where the shots are hard-won so when I get them I prefer them to be in nice light. :)

Know what you mean, The Sun didn't really move behind me until mid afternoon. Late on the light was lovely and warm but typically there was no traffic...
Met some decent people though so the last few hours were not a total waste. Looking forward to another go...

When the sun moves round there's few spots in the Loop to rival the light at Cad West but until then... :eek: The place certainly drags you back for more. :)

Noted, looking into other locations for AM

All in, really nice shots. Takes a lot of practise but these shots are really good.

Back