First efforts at Macro

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

So like a lot of people on here, starting to get a little bit addicted to macro and thought it was about time I posted a pic or 2. Anyway, first efforts below, feel free to C&C as need all the help I can get.

IMG_4521_edited-1.jpeg

IMG_3362_edited-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Double post?

Edit: Good effort! Although I think they may both be a tad under exposed.

Sorry, computer froze and didn't show that it posted ok, then appeared twice!

Thanks for the comment though. All help/comments greatly received:)

Hi Dozy Dave! Great avatar!

Anyway, back to pics. First is def under exposed but great shot otherwise. Do you have Photoshop or similar to post edit? There are some great posts on here that could transform a shot like that in a couple of minutes.

The second just makes me laugh and I'm not sure why?! Good depth of field but would have liked to seen that guy in a more natural background.

Both good shots to be proud of (y)

Hi Dozy Dave! Great avatar!

Anyway, back to pics. First is def under exposed but great shot otherwise. Do you have Photoshop or similar to post edit? There are some great posts on here that could transform a shot like that in a couple of minutes.

The second just makes me laugh and I'm not sure why?! Good depth of field but would have liked to seen that guy in a more natural background.

Both good shots to be proud of (y)

Thanks for the comments (like my avatar as well:LOL:) Taken the advice and have just upped the exposure on the first in PS and yep, looks a lot better (y)

2nd pic was taken on the window frame so about as natural as I could get, only place it would stay still for long enough to take a pic unfortunately.

The spider shot is great,and funny for some reason,the first a tad underexposed,but good nonetheless.

Seems the spider one is making a few people smile for some reason. Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

Good start Dave, you are getting down to the subjects level which always makes for a more interesting shot, the 1st does look a little under but easily brought back up in pp. The jumping spiders are normally quite hard to shoot so well done on that one too. ;)

Good start Dave, you are getting down to the subjects level which always makes for a more interesting shot, the 1st does look a little under but easily brought back up in pp. The jumping spiders are normally quite hard to shoot so well done on that one too. ;)

Thanks for the positive comment. Long way to go but enjoying the challenge :)

Back